What is for Dinner, Thursday, June 25th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I have no idea what I'm making Mark. I'm going to have a twice-baked potato (probably two, since they are small) and a tossed salad.

What's on your dinner plate tonight?

No clue here either for Dad and I. Sending a pork chop with potatoes and peas for DH's dinner at work (what we had last night) but don't know what to make for Dad and I.

I think we will check out the Korean buffet place..

My soon to be Phd wife got a post-doc position today, so we be
CELEBRATING!!!!!!!

(Whoo hoo I'm gonna be a kept man, LOLOLOL)

Spaghetti, Meat Balls, Salad and Garlic Bread. Ice Cream for dessert.

Bourbon....
Southern Fried Catfish Filet...Served on a bed of fluffy white rice...topped with a lively Creole Sauce....
Green Salad & French Bread....
Chocolate Ice Cream..........

I think we will check out the Korean buffet place..

My soon to be Phd wife got a post-doc position today, so we be
CELEBRATING!!!!!!!

(Whoo hoo I'm gonna be a kept man, LOLOLOL)

Congratulations to your wife, GF.... and you too on YOUR new position ;)

Bourbon....
Southern Fried Catfish Filet...Served on a bed of fluffy white rice...topped with a lively Creole Sauce....
Green Salad & French Bread....
Chocolate Ice Cream..........

Chocolate Ice Cream AGAIN? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

BTW, do you put bourbon on it?

Last edited:
Baby back ribs. They have been in the fridge for two days with a dry rub on them. Now they are in the oven and I will finish them on the grill with some BBQ sauce.

Cole slaw and a salad for sides and a couple of Sam Adams to wash it all down.

Having some of the pulled BBQ I made last night... man, this stuff should be illegal.. or at least a controlled substance. It's definitely addictive..

Lentil Burrito with Guacamole.
I played with the Lentil Bean Dip and Taco Filling vyapti has on his blog. This is the result.

13z92xw.jpg

photo_062509_002.jpg

I'm not sure if that'd be fusion cuisine or schizophrenic, but I call it Bacon-Black Walnut Pesto with Rotini & Stir-Fried Green Beans and Turnips.

So, what would you call it...

photo_062509_002.jpg

I'm not sure if that'd be fusion cuisine or schizophrenic, but I call it Bacon-Black Walnut Pesto with Rotini & Stir-Fried Green Beans and Turnips.

I'd call that extremely ambitious Jet!
My son brought over some chicken and sausage gumbo that he made, so I only had to boil up some rice to go with it. Man, that kid can cook!!

photo_062509_002.jpg

I think this dinner sounds delicious.. nothing schizo about it! :LOL: It's sure healthier than what I had. :ROFLMAO: Maybe I'll try a recipe like this soon!

The twice-baked potatoes were not part of my dinner.... I made the mistake of smelling the fresh baked bread at the grocery store. I remember I had some meatballs in sauce in the freezer.

They had some fabulous, fresh onion-Kaiser rolls, and I couldn't resist. I toasted the roll, the heated meatball/sauce (that included mushrooms, red onion and green pepper) and a bit of cheddar cheese. That warmed in the oven for about 10 min. Along side, another weakness of mine........ TATER-TOTS! To make a long story short..... I ate too much! :pig:
img_831749_0_8546b77f352399c75aed92382ad374f9.jpg

Mark had a big salad with ranch dressing. It's pretty bad when the man has a salad,
and you have a meatball sandwich with taters! :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

That looks tasty! What kind of salad is that along side? It looks like potato salad or a rustic cole slaw.

It’s my creamy but chunky guacamole. I take and avocado mix with a touch of mayo and mash it up. Then throw in some lime juice, chile pepper, tomato, garlic, green onion and cilantro.

The twice-baked potatoes were not part of my dinner.... I made the mistake of smelling the fresh baked bread at the grocery store. I remember I had some meatballs in sauce in the freezer.

They had some fabulous, fresh onion-Kaiser rolls, and I couldn't resist. I toasted the roll, the heated meatball/sauce (that included mushrooms, red onion and green pepper) and a bit of cheddar cheese. That warmed in the oven for about 10 min. Along side, another weakness of mine........ TATER-TOTS! To make a long story short..... I ate too much! :pig:
img_831752_0_8546b77f352399c75aed92382ad374f9.jpg

Mark had a big salad with ranch dressing. It's pretty bad when the man has a salad,
and you have a meatball sandwich with taters! :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

That is one "manly" sandwich! If you have some extra meatballs I'll take one!

Back
Top Bottom