What is for dinner, Tuesday, January 13th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no clue yet as to whats for dinner. Maybe my chorizo/mushroom quiche.... or some other leftovers.

HI SK!

There is some leftover spaghetti sauce/meatballs so will use that with a spagheti squash I have been saving for just this purpose! Will have a small chopped salad as the side.

I'm with Robsanx. I've got pork chops thawing, but I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I've been thinking of the Heavenly Pork Chops recipe I have. Saute bacon bits, brown some chops, brown some onions, put all that in a casserole pan, make a roux in the drippings in the pan, make gravy from that, pour over the chops, cover, and bake. I might add some mushrooms (we're addicted to mushrooms in this house).

I'm with Robsanx. I've got pork chops thawing, but I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I've been thinking of the Heavenly Pork Chops recipe I have. Saute bacon bits, brown some chops, brown some onions, put all that in a casserole pan, make a roux in the drippings in the pan, make gravy from that, pour over the chops, cover, and bake. I might add some mushrooms (we're addicted to mushrooms in this house).
Allen,
this is a fav of my DH,
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/yorkshire-pork-chops-for-texas-rec-18498.html
I also have one for pork chops with a creamy onion sauce if you add mushrooms it's even nicer. Both recipess give nice tender chops
kadesma

Here is the other recipe..had a heck of a time finding it..Not sure if you like this kind of recipe but should be even better with the addition of the mushrooms:)
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/pork-chops-in-onion-sauce-rec-18011.html
kadesma

I think we are going to have chinese take-away.

I was planning on Salisbury steak tonight but we lost power to 2 of the 4 outlets in the kitchen. Resting the breaker didn't work so we are waiting for the electrician to come by. Of course they are the outlets for the refrigerator and microwave and I think the mico died amd caused a surge which fried the breaker. I don't dare try it in another outlet. :(

I can't cook because I have an extension chord running the refrigerator running across the stove and behind the toaster over. :mad:

Hope you all had a better afternoon.

I am trying a recipe I saw on Food TV for smoked paprika chicken thighs. Smells pretty good.

I am the only person I know that takes ALL DAY to make chicken freakin soup!

Chicken noodle soup with fresh french baguette.

Smells really good in here, but not getting over -5F yet for the day, it's not as warm in here as I had thunk....

I'm going to make poor man's beef stroganoff. Ground beef instead of sliced beef. I'll serve it over noodles and have a green salad on the side. Saving real comfort food for later in the week when we're supposed to be freezing our baguettes off.

We are having a heat wave here so I'm grilling chicken thighs, & making the "Angry Pasta" from another thread. My mother used to make stroganoff with ground beef, it was after I was married I learned it wasn't the real deal. Still like it.

dw is making italian mac and cheese .. not entirely sure what that means ..

I am the only person I know that takes ALL DAY to make chicken freakin soup!

Chicken noodle soup with fresh french baguette.

Smells really good in here, but not getting over -5F yet for the day, it's not as warm in here as I had thunk....

Well, since mine is done in the slow cooker, I guess that means mine takes all day too!!:LOL:

Cheeseburger with applewood bacon and all the fixins, roasted potatoes and a green salad.

I had alot of leftover cooked chicken that needed to be used. I chopped up the chicken, added cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, a cup of milk, chopped onions, sliced mushrooms, parmesan cheese, noodles and broccoli. Baked at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, stirred and added cheddar cheese and baked for an additional 10 minutes. It was really good!! Dh and ds loved it and there isn't any left.

Barb

That sounds good mom. I may have to try that. I made swiss steak - can see here in another post. I did not like it but hubby and oldest son did. Doesn't surprise me - they eat anything.

Back
Top Bottom