What is for dinner, Wednesday, Jan 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pot Roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Cornbread on the side.

Made a pot of my dad's pinto beans and bacon, a green salad and hot french bread and butter...apple pie and ice cream for dessert

kadesma

We ended up getting chineese takeaway...sesame beef and won ton soup.

Still don't have the electrical issues sorted out in the kitchen, but at least the refrigerator and freezer are running.

Paul just wrote... he got pushed in to a late meeting and wont be home until after 9 tonight...so the chicken will have to wait. I hate doing big dinners late at night...

so leftovers for him
and either leftovers for me or soup from a can...

We went to town today, shopping. It was -10 degrees all day, so wanted something hearty for supper. Had chili in the freezer, so we were lazy, and just heated it up. Did whip up some corn bread to go with it.

well i must confess. was having leftover salsa chicken and acorn squash. what i actually ate was, a hot dog about three pm, just the dog , no bun. i made giant banana,blueberry muffins and had half of one bout half an hour ago. it was just wonderful, so no real dinner. maybe a snack later. lol

Pot Roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Cornbread on the side.

Me too, only I did smashed pots, added shrooms and alittle red wine, thicked liquid and poured on top of pots.

Should have read this earlier. Didn't think of cornbread.
I could have had the leftover for breakfast tomorrow.

My wife made slow-cooked ribs in barbeque sauce. It doesn't get much simpler than that, but man were they delicious!

mr. callie grilled pork chops...i added mashed taters, gravy and steamed broccoli. merlot and bud to go along :)
happy wednesday everyone!

I wimped out and DID do reruns of last night. However, I do have the beef ready to make stew tomorrow. Probably better because it's supposed to be wickedly cold tomorrow. Way colder than today and not as cold as Friday. Whoa.:wacko::ohmy: I might consider crawling into the pot tomorrow.

My son earned his pre-yellow belt today so we broke our vegetarian week and took him to Old Country Buffett as a treat (he picked them not me!). The wife stuck to almost all veggies and salads but I... um... didn't by a long shot LOL.
And hey guess what they had at the grilling station???? Bourbon street chicken!! LOL.

We didn't have spaghetti or shepherd's pie. :rolleyes: I ended up making beef stroganoff, with ingredients i had on hand.... tossed salad and bread-n-butter. I normally like to use rotini or egg noodles, and all I had was farfalle, but it turned out great anyway.
img_773644_0_4254509055261026c23dab91b55dedf7.jpg

Linguine with garlic, red bell pepper, and asparagus, sauteed in EVOO. Tossed with cilantro pesto. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Back
Top Bottom