What is for Dinner Wednesday, Jan 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tonight is night 2 or chili cook off prep. I think I will use about half the amount of pork I defrosted (or I hope is defrosted by the time I get home) so probably a mini pork loin roast...not sure what on the side.

DH will have the leftover pork from yesterday. It was quite good; rubbed with crushed fennel and roasted over sauteed garlic and sliced fennel.

I'm having a leftover baked potato and broccoli.

I took some leftover tuna salad stuffed it into a pita with lettuce that was tossed in a cider vinegar dressing and topped it off with toasted almons and chow mein noodles for crunch.

Defrosted chicken soup and made some egg noodles. Made a batch of cornbread from scratch for the first time and also a loaf of 5 Minute Artisan sourdough to clean out the tub. It was day 6 dough and really made a delicious loaf. Time to get another batch started....

going to take some boneless chicken breasts slice them open and stuff
with pepper jack cheese and maybe a few jalapeno slices ..
wrap them in bacon and throw on the grill ..
and some twice baked potato ..

Long day here. I was up and on the road by 9 a.m., just got home about an hour ago. Whew! It's tired in here.

I did pick up some beef riblets with the intent of having them for supper tonight. I'm so tired right now all I want is a handful of peanuts, but I'll be good and do something with the beef.

I splurged big time...

Fried Cube Steak, mashed potatoes, gravy... Plain, down home, not good for you FANTASTIC food....

Sometimes.... you just have to make gravy....:chef:

well it turned into fish and chips as the pork loin was still frozen. Thawed enough to dice for the chili but too frozen to roast.

Back
Top Bottom