What is for Supper, Monday, April 12th, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I know is it will be something with Italian Sausage. Whether I make a spaghetti sauce or serve them whole with potatoes and salad, I am not sure yet.

Buck's County Lamb Stew, a local recipe using leftover lamb (from Easter) and mushrooms, onions, etc...broth is made with a beer. Very tasty!

grilled cheese & french onion soup. tomato sammich for me rather than the grilled cheese.

I put on a pot of peas early this morning with a little bacon and Tasso to flavor them up.
I've got a chicken brining........
Gotta get up and stir up some okra and tomatoes....
Check for Refrigerator scraps...
So it's looking like...

Chied Fricken...
Peas....
Okra & Tomatoes...
Scraps....
Corn Bread.......
Chocolate Ice Cream.......

I'm off to work shortly, but I'm leaving spaghetti sauce simmering. They can hunt and forage for the rest. Dunno whats on the menu at work but its likely tasty!

Oh shoot Miss Laurie...Ifin I'd known I was gonna have company..I'd have made something special...Maybe some braised chitlins...or at the very least some 'possum pate for an appy!:ermm:

That's okay, Uncle B, I think I will pass on the appy and the chitlins! ;)

WOO Hooo....

Darling husband is cooking tonite, and I have orders to stay outa the kitchen.:chef:

He's making shrimp egg foo yung . I hope he makes some steamed jasmine rice to go with it, but I'm not saying a thing!! :angel:

have beef ribs in oven. been there most of day and not ready till about seven. i have some left over bean mixture. forgot what called. has chillies, onions, tomatoes, bacon and cheese. so will have that on the side. sourdough bread . had hoped to make a pineapple cake but just don't have the energy to do it. will see Dr. tomorrow so maybe i will perk up .

All I know is it will be something with Italian Sausage. Whether I make a spaghetti sauce or serve them whole with potatoes and salad, I am not sure yet.

I made spaghetti sauce with the sausage and it turned out a bit spicy - usually they are mild and sweet. I just scramble fried the sausage with onion in olive oil and then added a can of crushed tomatoes and some chicken stock. That was it. No other seasonings because the flavour of the sausage was enough (almost too much for Dad). But it was good.

I'm off to work shortly, but I'm leaving spaghetti sauce simmering. They can hunt and forage for the rest. Dunno whats on the menu at work but its likely tasty!
Nothing beats slow, simmered homemade spaghetti sauce! I hope your family foraged successfully. lol

Instead of potato soup, I'm making chicken-noodle soup.
This was our soup.. with toasted english muffins and Saltines.
img_889637_0_6387afd3052069988fd76259c1d6c781.jpg

img_889637_1_d20371dad44f64d1c901e2b2b0cac723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom