What is for Supper, Saturday, August 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought some great looking fresh swordfish today. I'll be grilling it tonight and serving it with cole slaw.

For our Dinner at lunch I made what we call hash - ground beef with onions and gravy (made with cornstarch for DH and beef stock) and then whatever. Today, it was frozen peas, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs from the garden (rosemary, basil, thyme and chives), and garlic. Dad doesn't eat mushrooms so I fried them up separate and poured them onto DH and my portions. We ate it over toast.

For Dad and I tonight it will be sausage rolls and salad.

left overs... spaghetti, trout, fried chicken... not all together! Pick one! I think I'm going to have the chicken.

Had a very emotional funeral of a close friend today, died at only 21 years old. Super sad, I ate a poutine from my favorite fry joint hoping it would make me feel better.

We're having what we call chicken and dumplings around here...homemade wide rolled noodles, cooked in good seasoned chicken broth, which is thickened a little at the end, with French bread to soak up the wonderful juices.

Unbelievably, I have found some pre-made frozen ones that taste as good as mine, without me getting flour all over my tummy! The broth is homemade, though.

Sorry, apple, to be so insensitive...I should have read the post from the first.

Bless your heart. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm making cheddar cheese chicken with bacon
Here was dinner.

img_843397_0_1b3fe2448cb9e50aabf3fd40b1f646f3.jpg

Had a very emotional funeral of a close friend today, died at only 21 years old. Super sad, I ate a poutine from my favorite fry joint hoping it would make me feel better.

My condolences for your loss. I hope your comfort food was at least a little help.

so sorry for your loss.it is so hard to know what to say at times like this. Just know, that your friend as well as you will be in my thoughts and prayers if you don't mind.
kadesma

Here was dinner.

img_843415_0_1b3fe2448cb9e50aabf3fd40b1f646f3.jpg
That looks very good!

We haven't eaten yet (I know it's too late to eat, but we were busy). We will either have Top Ramen or I might try rolling some flour tortillas up with cheese. Not sure how Romano will be, but that's what we've got, so we may go ahead and try it.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom