What is for Supper this Sunday, 10-18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I was waiting for someone to ask, but since no one did....

What is or was being served at your table tonight?

I'm making Mark a nice-sized salad topped with sliced chicken tenders, vegies and italian dressing. On the side, garlic bread.

Me.... I might make a fish taco.

We're having pan-grilled rib eye steaks, fresh Brussels sprouts, and potatoes...baked sweet potato for me, baked russet for DH. I also made some "Pink Stuff" for dessert.

A Small Glass of Bourbon ----------
A Large Bowl of Shrimp & Okra Gumbo ----------
A Small Bowl of Rice ----------
A Large Piece of French Bread --------------
A Small Piece of Chocolate Cake --------
A Large Cup of Coffee & Chicory --------

I had a smoked turkey breast from Burger's Smokehouse in the freezer that I wanted to move out before November "turkey month". So I baked that baby up along with a halved Carnival squash in the same baking dish. Filled the squash cavities with butter & maple syrup. Accompanied all with some lovely fresh savoy-leaf spinach that was on sale at the market today. Sauteed it in butter along with 2 large cloves of chopped garlic. Played nicely off the sweetness of the squash & the smoky turkey.

Very plain and simple tonight. We are out of ketchup, mustard, and relish, so we had plain hot dogs on buns, with a slice of cheese. I don't normally care for cheese on a hot dog, but it helps me forget the other stuff isn't there. LOL I would have chopped up some onion for them, but I don't have many left and wanted to save them for something else, so I added some garlic to the pan when I cooked them, hoping for a little extra kick.

:)Barbara

I had a smoked turkey breast from Burger's Smokehouse in the freezer that I wanted to move out before November "turkey month". So I baked that baby up along with a halved Carnival squash in the same baking dish. Filled the squash cavities with butter & maple syrup. Accompanied all with some lovely fresh savoy-leaf spinach that was on sale at the market today. Sauteed it in butter along with 2 large cloves of chopped garlic. Played nicely off the sweetness of the squash & the smoky turkey.
That really sounds delicious! I haven't had squash in a long time or spinach. The way your prepared thems sounds too good! :)

This was my dinner. I made a fish wrap with cheese, lettuce, tomato in a flour tortilla. Along side, spanish rice and sour cream.
img_857416_0_f9eabf54d5734c3b6b5648e0ea002d8f.jpg

Mark had a chicken salad with garlic bread.
img_857416_1_5ec252b31344672c361aa853d396f59b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom