What is for Supper, Tuesday, 2-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tuesdays are the night we're both home so I usually cook a big dinner. Not sure what it will be just yet. I'm thinking something with chicken since we've done Italian and Mexican over the weekend.

I put a meatloaf in the fridge to thaw yesterday. DH is going to bake it and has decided to do baked potatoes and creamed corn with it.

This having someone else cook for me would normally be a difficult thing but with the way I feel it is a blessing. Last night's casserole was so good. I have put the rest into individual serving sizes in the freezer for later meals.

I was going to do regular pulled pork BBQ today but changed my mind at the last minute. Instead I'm braising a pork butt in some homemade veal stock with roasted tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, red onion, poblano peppers, dried chipotles, dried guajillo peppers, cumin and dried New Mexico peppers. Once I remove the meat I'll strain the drippings and will reduce it by half to use as a sauce over some pulled pork burritos. Some refried black beans, rice and guacamole will complete the meal.

Uncle B, can you get some of your many Braves to bring me some of that stew for my tomorrow night's dinner? Pretty please? ;)

Tomorrow night?????:ermm: .....Uncle Bob eatum all up by then.:LOL: I will however think fondly of you tonight as the little devils fall of the bone....into the wine "shicken" stock, herbs and spices, and just a hint of cream and chopped parsley at the last moment.;)

Making veal birds.....pounded veal slices stuffed with bread/herb etc. stuffing. Sauted. Made a gravy of vidalia onions, bit of green pepper, carmelized. added some sherry, then some cream.....didn't quite know what was missing so added some balsamic and then some sugarless marmalade....Yum!!!!....we shall have some buttered turnips with that. Small salad to start off with. White wine.

I ended up making something with leftover chicken. I diced the chicken, put into a pot, added diced canned tomatoes, milk, tomato paste from a tube, salt, a teaspoon of dried chicken base, a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic paste (from a tube) I forget what else . I put it on top of cooked egg noodles on a plate. Hubby loved it. I didn't eat any, wasn't really hungry, tho I did taste it as it heated up to make sure it tasted okay. I am really blessed that hubby is easy to please when it comes to my cooking.

Today we are having chicken cacciatore over homemade noodles I made yesterday...A green salad and of course warm Italian bread and butter. I
m going to try making some pignoli and orange cookies...wish me luck.
kadesma:)

Taco salads made from the leftover weekend chili, some beef N cheese rounds that I picked up at WalMart, and some corn.

Not sure yet but I tried my hand at Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.

I used Milk and White Chocolates.

4344896686_1f74c1e6b0_b.jpg

I still had the left over duck from Sunday so I made some duck soup.

I also made some duck liver pâté. Yum!

Attachments

• duck01.jpg
    duck01.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom