What is for Supper, Tuesday, Aug. 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm taking meatballs in sauce out of the freezer, and I'll give Mark spaghetti. Me, I'm not sure.. I'm either having bbq'd chicken legs, mashed potatoes and corn OR french bread pizza.

At this point I have no idea. We've been living off of leftovers from Saturday's party all week. So ... I'm sure I have to cook eventually! Turns out I have friends visiting or will be travelling much of the rest of the summer, so am kind of taking it easy the next week.

What is for Supper,

I don't know yet but i think i will have a light meal.i think i'll go for rice and tomato sauce with fruit juice to compliment.

Canned Pork & Beans mixed with browned Ground Chuck; bread, butter and honey on the side.

Childhood comfort food.

We're having some actual Summer like weather this week so I''m going to do burgers on the grill. We'll have a tossed salad along with that. A dish of ice cream (not chocolate) for dessert.

We are finally getting a good harvest from our garden (it's been cooler and rainy this summer). Dh is making ratatouille to serve over rice. Yum!

I'm finally making a meal I had planned for last weekend. Saturday it stormed all day, and Sunday we were invited out for dinner last-minute. We're having chicken on the grill that's had a brown-sugar brine and is basted with homemade peachy BBQ sauce; also on the grill will be corn on the cobb and redskin potatoes. Crisp cool garden salad, and petite homemade blueberry crisps for two. Can't wait. :)

Emmentaler & mushroom mac 'n' cheese topped with cherry tomatoes that I threw under the broiler until they just started to puff up.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 179
leftovers, pork steak, sweet potatoes and lima beans. gonna make corn salsa later for mexican dinner, i am putting together for my son to take to his house. may have some of that. my son is the cook at his house and i like to make it easier for him, one night a month.

I'm finally making a meal I had planned for last weekend. Saturday it stormed all day, and Sunday we were invited out for dinner last-minute. We're having chicken on the grill that's had a brown-sugar brine and is basted with homemade peachy BBQ sauce; also on the grill will be corn on the cobb and redskin potatoes. Crisp cool garden salad, and petite homemade blueberry crisps for two. Can't wait. :)
YUM, that dinner really makes my mouth water... right down to the blueberry crisps.

Canned Pork & Beans mixed with browned Ground Chuck; bread, butter and honey on the side.

Childhood comfort food.
That is comfort food. I haven't had a 'pork and beans'-type meal in a long time. I love the bread and butter on the side... this might be a stupid question. what is the honey for?

I have heard it on biscuits... do you use it on the bread?

And the last of the macaroons from yesterday...

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 218
We had buyers looking at our house, so we picked up a pizza and went to the local park and hung out.

This was our dinner.

My chicken dinner
img_844350_0_c1337aa621f7dc67f4384962e3b77a1b.jpg

img_844350_1_cae9b95707b1a0f80f8af51a007620ae.jpg

Mark's dinner of spaghetti and meatballs.
img_844350_2_f1094a9c925475a952a106778ae6298b.jpg

All looking very tasty as usual :)

My fiancee Ellen just loves drumsticks so they wouldn't of stayed long on the plate :LOL:

Your sauce for the pasta is a beautiful colour. What recipe do you use for the sauce VB?

Back
Top Bottom