What is Sunday's Grub, Bub? July 22nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's a pleasant day outside so I'm going to smoke a small pork sirloin roast. It's been dry rubbed and refrigerated. Some kind of potato and a cucumber salad along side.

It's DH's birthday. We're having the potential future in-laws over and I'm making my homemade pizzas. We'll have salads and birthday cake (chocolate) with vanilla ice cream.

Buonasera,

My daughter and grand daughter are leaving for Zürich tomorrow morning, so we are going to have a light bite out on an open air sidewalk overlooking the Port and the Fort Castle. Lovely historical setting ... Then, to get an early start Monday ...

Have nice Sunday.
Ciao.
Margi.

For lunch we grabbed a rotisserie chicken at the store, after church, as well as some cottage cheese.

For supper we will have a vegetable and cheese tray. If that sounds at all fancy, it is a small plastic tray of vegetables from the grocery store, and we will have cheese with it. Colby-Jack for James and habanero cheese with cream cheese for me. For dessert we will have French vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries.

Side note: When I wrote "habanero," it showed it as a misspelling (which I figured it would). When I checked the suggestions, here are the words it gave me as suggestions for it: Habakkuk, Phanerozoic, headbanger, and Mbabane. Odd selection of choices, I think!

We're going to have eggplant Parmesan with eggplant and tomatoes for the sauce, compliments of our container garden. On the side will be steamed vegetable medley (carrots, snow peas, yellow squash, and broccoli), French bread baguette (baked this morning), iced tea and, then, zucchini cupcakes with caramel icing for dessert, baked this afternoon. The yellow squash also came from the garden. We're excited. The containers are producing beautifully.

gather round again my fellow gastronauts...what do you mean "bl**dy 'ell he's off again"? ok,so i'm,cooking for two tonight & wanted to cook something that looked the part,was tasty,was easy to cook & could be cooked at the same time as holding a conversation & a glass of vino collapso.had to have a good balance of carbs/protein/fat & all that malarkey as the lady in question is a bit of a "gym junkie".so i thought...takeaway no...paella!!
harry's step by step paella with skinless bone in chicken thighs,cured belly pork,prawns,crevettes,mussels & fresh uncooked chorizo all washed down with an ice cold,bone dry picpoul de pinet(on offer @ tesco...yay!)
the pan is a natty paella/tagine combo.gotta go,sure you understand...................

Attachments

• PAELLA 001.JPG
    PAELLA 001.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 156
  • PAELLA 002.JPG
    PAELLA 002.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 163
  • PAELLA 003.JPG
    PAELLA 003.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 164
  • PAELLA 004.JPG
    PAELLA 004.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 155
  • PAELLA 005.JPG
    PAELLA 005.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 156
  • PAELLA 006.JPG
    PAELLA 006.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 173
  • PAELLA 007.JPG
    PAELLA 007.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 154
  • PAELLA 008.JPG
    PAELLA 008.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 150
  • PAELLA 009.JPG
    PAELLA 009.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 168
  • PAELLA 010.JPG
    PAELLA 010.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 150
  • PAELLA 011.JPG
    PAELLA 011.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 161
  • PAELLA 012.JPG
    PAELLA 012.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 152
  • PAELLA 014.JPG
    PAELLA 014.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 157
  • PAELLA 016.JPG
    PAELLA 016.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 158
Harry...I LOVE Picpoul!!! Gumbo for dinner (shrimp and sausage)...aren't you proud of me, Uncle Bob? :chef: And a big "hello" to my friends here!

Steve cooked tea last night and made us the most delicious homemade chicken schnitzel using Panko breadcrumbs and we also had baked potatoes :)

Chickem%2520Schnitzel.png

I went all in tonight.

Very lightly smoked oysters on the half shell with a drizzle of butter/shallot/tarragon sauce.

Pan fried branzino filets, on wilted spinach/garlic and bacon lardons, squeeze of lemon.

Grilled roasted tomatoes/ really good balsamic drizzle.

Side of spaghetti with wild mushroom saute and Parmesan.

Rustic bread slices with olive oil on the grill.

Harry, Harry, Harry! That meal would surely be the way to any woman's heart! I'm sure the lucky lady will be impressed! If ever I get an opportunity to visit Wales and I do expect to one day.....you may find me on your doorstep drooling!!! Well done and good luck ;-)

We are humbly having pasta with a sausage tomato Alfredo sauce, oven grilled veg, green salad and garlic stuffed artisan bread. There may be homemade raspberry ice cream for dessert if it gets done in time :)

Back
Top Bottom