"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
I might go to Pizza Hut later and just get a Personal Pan pizza..I'm stuffed. I love it, because you can get them at any time now.. used to just be a day-time thing.
Pizza Hut had great Pizza many years back. Now they suck :!:

Old 12-02-2004, 01:46 PM   #32

that's about when I worked there..many years back. I still love their personal pans.. and their stuffed crust. some of their stuff does "suck" now bang, but it's not that bad.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:50 PM   #33
Master Chef

We've stopped going to Pizza Hut. I loved the hand tossed and they don't have it anymore, at least around here. Plus they're all really run down and dirty (don't know if they're owned by a franchisee or not). The quality just isn't there anymore. I'll stick to our local pizza shops.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
We've stopped going to Pizza Hut. I loved the hand tossed and they don't have it anymore, at least around here. Plus they're all really run down and dirty (don't know if they're owned by a franchisee or not). The quality just isn't there anymore. I'll stick to our local pizza shops.
It was the Hand Tossed that was so good. I believe they have switched ingrdients now too causing the quality to suffer.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:53 PM   #35
Master Chef

Last time we went we got pan when we found out there wasn't hand tossed anymore and the crust didn't even reach the edges of the pan. It was like they used a medium crust in a large pan. It's just too expensive for that!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #36

I will agree with that.. their quality isn't there anymore.... BUT.. one thing I love is their butter garlic sauce that they use on their fettucine. I love to dunk my bread sticks/garlic bread in it. I haven't eaten there in awhile. One place I really like in town is called Rudy's Pizza.. they make their own dough, sauce.. everything...plus, free delivery.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
Quote:
I might go to Pizza Hut later and just get a Personal Pan pizza..I'm stuffed. I love it, because you can get them at any time now.. used to just be a day-time thing.
Pizza Hut had great Pizza many years back. Now they suck :!:
you said it bang. i haven't been to pizza sl-hut in years. i mean, i've had worse, like at a 6 flags (the pizza was sauce and rubber on cardboard), but with so many good mom and pop pizza places around, why suffer thru a pizza hut?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

The most depressing thing I read upon moving to Memphis from Chicago was a survey in a local magazine about the best pizza in town. Pizza Hut was the winner.

Good thing their barbecue made up for that appalling ignorance.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter
Peanut Brittle. I bought some at the store today for an evening treat. Unfortunately I decided to sample some, and it became "lunch." That should drive a few dieticians up the wall.
hey, whatever works Otter! I like to make that for Christmas gifts for coworkers. I put it in a really special holiday tin with ribbon.

Do you have a recipe that you can share? I'm looking for cookies/treats that I can make for the neighbors as gifts.

Thanks!
Trish
Old 12-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #40

lol.. peanut brittle in a lunch topic.. whatever works. Yes I do have a recipe.. let me find the book.. hold on.