What is/was for Dinner, Friday, April 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I threw together a chili and served it over rice.. I'll post a recipe soon. :)

img_809516_0_e42c7dce7057ae49399076186e896d75.jpg

img_809516_1_7e0be6663215c910396650f99fa6f974.jpg

We had chimichuri marinated chicken thighs, spicy peanut jicama salad & poblanos stuffed with roasted vegetable risotto & topped with a chipotle cream sauce. For dessert mango & pineapple pieces drizzled with peach juice & Barcardi Anejo.

I was going to fry chicken, but I got too hungry before the chicken thawed. I heated up leftover beef stroganoff and green beans.

I had some left over chicken breast so I shredded that up and heated it up in a skillet with some olive oil. Baked a spaghetti squash and made some low fat alfredo sauce to go over that and the shredded chicken. On the side I sauteed some green beans with minced garlic & onion and diced up a few pieces of bacon to go on top. It was yummy!

That l;ooks great! We had salmon tacos.
Salmon tacos, I wish I would have been there! I could have had that! Last weekend, I purchased some nice salmon fillets and have all the other ingredients on hand... tomato, lettuce, cheese, salsa, black olives, tortillas, sour cream and green onion. Do you have a recipe? How did you cook your salmon? I like to bake mine in the oven first, then assemble the taco.

Mark doesn't care for fish tacos, so that is a treat for myself. :chef:

JohnL... I hope you feel better soon. Cheese always makes me feel better!

Andy... That looks like a delicious recipe. Giada has some wonderful recipes! Now, you can look forward to a good dinner tonight, too!

Clienta... Do you have a recipe for your chicken thighs? They sound devine!.... so does the mango/pineapple dessert drizzled with peach juice and Bacardi.... I would love a recipe for that also!! :chef:

Patty... Beef Stroganoff is a comfort food to me. And, instead of waiting, I can see why you had that instead. I love to have those kind of meals on the weekend, especially Saturday night.

getoutamykitchen... MMmm! Chicken alfredo (healthy) over spaghetti squash with green beans/bacon... that really sounds like a tasty meal! I love spaghetti squash. I like that with sauces or just butter, salt-n-pepper and garlic bread.

Miss VB...That looks awesome!! Great Food...Great Pictures...I'm impressed!!!
lol... thank you, but it wasn't all that impressive! A can of this, a can of that, ground beef, tomato paste, green onion, garlic, salt-n-pepper. It turned out pretty good, even though I had NO IDEA what to make when I got home from work. :rolleyes:

Salmon tacos, I wish I would have been there! I could have had that! Last weekend, I purchased some nice salmon fillets and have all the other ingredients on hand... tomato, lettuce, cheese, salsa, black olives, tortillas, sour cream and green onion. Do you have a recipe? How did you cook your salmon? I like to bake mine in the oven first, then assemble the taco.

Mark doesn't care for fish tacos, so that is a treat for myself. :chef:

He seasoned them with Pop's Creole Seasoning, then baked them, and served them with most of the sides you mentioned. It was my first time having them, (and I was a bit leary), but I really enjoyed them! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom