What is your favorite grocery store chain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noodlehead

Cook
And why?Mine probably has to be Kroger because I seem to always save there and their store brands aren't bad. For specialty items I like Harris Teeter and for really good meat and the best quality produce I like Fresh Market.

There is not much choice by me. We have Stop and Shop for our regular groceries. There is also Price Chopper, but it always seems so dirty inside so I never go there. Then we have Trader Joes which I love, but you can't get all your groceries there.

Being Canadian, the name will probably mean nothing to most of you but I love Save-On-Foods for my regular groceries. I do some bulk shopping at Costco but for the fresh stuff - meat, vegetables, fruit, herbs, eggs, dairy, etc - I prefer to check out the local markets and farms when I can.

I also have connections with some of the wholesalers for my catering business so I when I put in an order I usually add on some of our own stuff as well.

Being Canadian, the name will probably mean nothing to most of you but I love Save-On-Foods for my regular groceries. I do some bulk shopping at Costco but for the fresh stuff - meat, vegetables, fruit, herbs, eggs, dairy, etc - I prefer to check out the local markets and farms when I can.

I also have connections with some of the wholesalers for my catering business so I when I put in an order I usually add on some of our own stuff as well.

I've been to the East Coast of Canada(New Brunswick) and was very impressed by one of the stores,not sure if it was Save-On or not but they had a lot of the same brands that my Harris-Teeter has like President's Choice.

in southern calif, we have von's, an all purpose grocery store, i shop on line once a month, sometimes for fun go to trader joes or quick and fresh. course i always buy something.

Shoprite. I travel about 15 miles, passing about 10 other stores, just to get to shoprite. Big clean store, great prices, well organized, double dollar coupons .....

in southern calif, we have von's, an all purpose grocery store, i shop on line once a month, sometimes for fun go to trader joes or quick and fresh. course i always buy something.

I'll bet its beautiful out there and you can get some awesome fresh produce.I have a friend in Laguna Niguel who says that avocados are just as expensive out there as they are here which made me scratch my head.:ohmy:

fav!!

My favorite store is Aldi's there a smaller store, not all the fancy things. They have one or two choose's at most of items but milk that I pay $ 4.00 plus for at the "cheep" Wal-Mart I pay $ 2.69 for there. There great for all your basic food items, I do visit that big box store for items I cannot find there but that's just a few of my regular items. You can't beat them, there moving into new markets, so look for them.

our closest is a Giant Food (DC Baltimore chain) and it is excellent and quite large. We have a smaller gourmet store about 20 miles away if there are special needs, Jansens. We are told there will be a large Whole Foods to be built soon near us. But come summer, I shop at the farms around me for most everything.

Where I live it has to be Whole Foods. We have Safeway and King Sooper (Kroger's) but here in Colorado these two large chains have pretty poor quality produce and their meats are fairly ho-hum. Whole Foods is pricey, but I can get good meat, seafood, cheese, and produce there, so when it matters, which is most of the time, that's where I go.

Whole Foods Market for me. It's not cheap, but everything there is top quality.

Noodle, that would be the Loblaws chain. I used to work for them and know that most stores are kept VERY clean, so I feel safe shopping there. Also, they bring in quality meats, cheeses, and produce. I LOVE their PC Blue Menu items - which is regular items, except they are more healthy - they have less fat, sodium, etc. I do all my shopping at Loblaws, unless I can't find something there.

I've been to the East Coast of Canada(New Brunswick) and was very impressed by one of the stores,not sure if it was Save-On or not but they had a lot of the same brands that my Harris-Teeter has like President's Choice.

President's Choice is the brand name of a National chain here called "The Real Canadian Superstore. The also have smaller stores under the name of "Extra Foods" and I think other stores in the east.

Save-On is only in BC and maybe in Alberta, Alix would have to confirm that one. Anyway, there is a funny story about the owner of this store. He is a multi-millionaire businessman that started with a car lot and his "incentive" was that he would automatically fire the lowest grossing salesperson at the end of every month, even if they had been on top for years! He also owns sign companies, a free newspaper and many other endeavours. He is noted for putting together EXPO 86 here and making it the ONLY ever international exposition to not lose money. He sold off all the buildings, benches, even the forty foot flag on a humoungous pole (ironically to a competitor car dealership called "Flag", where we bought our car). And, he worked on it for about 3 years for one dollar. The day after it was over he was interviewed and said "now I have to go and make some money! " Yeah, I wish I was his kind of broke!

Mine is the one that my husband goes to. He is the one that does all the shopping. I just get lost or come home with too many snacks. :)

Noodle, that would be the Loblaws chain. I used to work for them and know that most stores are kept VERY clean, so I feel safe shopping there. Also, they bring in quality meats, cheeses, and produce. I LOVE their PC Blue Menu items - which is regular items, except they are more healthy - they have less fat, sodium, etc. I do all my shopping at Loblaws, unless I can't find something there.

Ahh, Saph. You beat me to it. I forgot that from Saskatchewan East it is also Loblaws. We used to shop there when I was a kid in Regina and Saskatoon. I like the PC Blue Menu as well and do some shopping at Superstore as well.

Wow, Loblaws? I have heard of them since I was a kid. My mom used to shop there all the time in our small NY state town. I didn't think they were around anymore.

In NY, I would have to say the chain called Wegman's are my fav. Out here in WA state, it's WinCo, then Safeway.

I don't have a favorite, I just like to go to a well stocked and clean one. By the looks of my pantry and freezer I shouldn't have to go for at least 6 months!

I am dying to go to Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfied, Ohio. Anyone been there and is it worth a trip?

I shop the ads at Publix, Winn Dixie and Sweetbay. Then I fill in the rest at Super Walmart. My favorite store is Publix though, I always feel welcome there and the store is always spotless (even while going through a remodel).

Back
Top Bottom