"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-02-2004, 07:05 PM   #11
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Aruz, I remember that Hardrock, Coco, Joe song as well. Wasn't it animated figures, or ???
Why didn't you click on my link? The webpage has still images of those figures.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:43 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hmmmm...... mine would be when I DIDNT have to go to the annual family Xmas party. :?

Old 10-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I hate the Holidays. My family was voted Most Disfuctional Family in Michigan. I actually can not remembember any good times for any Holiday. Ok.....I rem,ember one now on Holloween. I scared a group of teenage girls so bad they started screaming and I got complaints that my house was to scary for kids to stop at for Trick and Treatin. Whaaaaaaaaaat? I thought that was the point of holloween......to scare the evil spirits away. Some kids are evil spirited. Right?
I will bet your family is not more dysfunctional than mine Bangbang! Only when I was a child, do I recall having fun on the holidays. I was too young to know better.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Georgia's parents went to Florida every winter, so we had their lake cabin to ourselves for the winter - amazingly, I can still walk upright!
Old 10-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #15

lol otter.. amazing eh?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruzinsky
Most suicides occur around Xmas time.
Actually this isn't true. Just go to www.snopes.com and type in "Christmas + suicide" or click here: http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/suicide.asp

:) Barbara
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Quote:
Aruz, I remember that Hardrock, Coco, Joe song as well. Wasn't it animated figures, or ???
Why didn't you click on my link? The webpage has still images of those figures.
Now I remember! Garfield Goose and Bozo! My childhood all over again. Aruz, are you also familiar with Ding Dong School with Miss Frances
Old 10-04-2004, 12:34 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

i loved christmas as a kid. i'm the last of 6 kids, so we had tons of presents under the tree. i don't know how my parents pulled it off. we were'nt poor, but i know my parents were scraping just to get by. then on christmas morning, we would open so many presents that you had to wade through chest deep wads of wrapping paper to see what my siblings got (and take the batteries out just to annoy them and make them think the toy didn't work). then in the afternoon, thousands (it seemd like) of my aunts and uncles and cousins would come over for a buffet dinner. it was great. i wish i could do it all over one more time, and tell them all that i love them...
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:07 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I hate the Holidays. My family was voted Most Disfuctional Family in Michigan. I actually can not remembember any good times for any Holiday. Ok.....I rem,ember one now on Holloween. I scared a group of teenage girls so bad they started screaming and I got complaints that my house was to scary for kids to stop at for Trick and Treatin. Whaaaaaaaaaat? I thought that was the point of holloween......to scare the evil spirits away. Some kids are evil spirited. Right?
I will bet your family is not more dysfunctional than mine Bangbang! Only when I was a child, do I recall having fun on the holidays. I was too young to know better.
Maybe we should share or talk. :(
Old 10-04-2004, 01:01 PM   #20
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Quote:
Most suicides occur around Xmas time.
Actually this isn't true. Just go to www.snopes.com and type in "Christmas + suicide" or click here: http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/suicide.asp

:) Barbara
I am glad to be wrong here. For me, the most depressing month is February. It is as cold as January and a lot more snowy. I have cabin fever. I pay my income and real estate taxes. Most people pay their credit card bills for Xmas presents. Now, that's really depressing.

Let's move Xmas to February. Everybody in favor, raise your hands!

Quote:
Now I remember! Garfield Goose and Bozo! My childhood all over again. Aruz, are you also familiar with Ding Dong School with Miss Frances
Yes, I am. Miss Frances gave me an obsession with paper mache. When I came home from school to eat lunch, I watched a fat guy called "Uncle Johny Coons." My favorite kid's show was the Andy Devine Show. I developed my interest in science fiction from two shows, Tales of Tomorrow, and Lights Out. Remember any of these?