"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #51
Certified Executive Chef
Originally Posted by mudbug
Actually, I have never liked Starbucks much at all. Should have mentioned that one when Otter first introduced this thread.
mudbug there is another coffee hours here in Eugene that I llike better and they offer free online service to customers which is why my daughter and I go there. They offer a better variety of eats and they toast the bagel, add lox and onions to the cream cheese and make the best pinninis in town.

norgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:27 PM   #52
Sous Chef
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Denny's on opposite ends of my spectrum.

Psiguyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:31 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire
lol, denny's. they shouldn't park the horse trailers out back.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:32 PM   #54
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Psiguyy
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Denny's on opposite ends of my spectrum.
just got home from ruth's chris! mmmmmmmmm....
i just wrote about it on the what's for dinner thread.
man, that carpaccio was so good....
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #55
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Originally Posted by mudbug
Originally Posted by middie
we have a roadhouse here but i've yet to try it.
Contradicting myself here, but our local Roadhouse is always packed; however, the time we ate there the service and food were terrible.
The Roadhouse here in Eugene runs hot and cold. I have eaten there three times and once was great, once good and the last time awful. The first two times I had their ribs, the last time a steak and it belonged on the sole of my shoe.
Being that I have worked in restaurants, both fast food and fine dining (even though it was a pub also, they had fantastic food!), I think it depends on a lot of things. You could have gone on an off night, when the main cook didn't show up..... or the waitress.. or the bartender.. or even the dishwasher. When one person doesn't show up for work, it affects lots of things. I know, I had to fill in for people that didn't bother to call or show up. Other things could be a newly hired cook that "claims" he knows what he's doing, someone forgetting to order something, and just an all-around bad day. Most of my experiences with The Roadhouse have been great! BUT, I can remember people I have served at Pizza Hut that had a bad experience......... even the finest restaurant in the area has given unfavorable results.

Juliev is offline   Reply With Quote