What is your favorite/least favorite chain restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
YIKES NOrg!!!! What a RIP!!!! Yeeeeesh! They HAVE to be smoking oregano. LOL!
37.gif

DS I guess so, their burgers are 8.95 and they bother my stomach.

mudbug said:
I agree with you, norgeskog. I had my first Marie's meal in southern California years and years ago and it was wonderful. Bought their frozen chicken pot pies for a long time until they "improved" the crust and ruined it.

mudbug I used to like their frozen meals too, but then I started reading labels, the salt is off the board. Occasionally when I really do not feel like cooking, I will try one of the meals and force myself to not read the label. I like their meatloaf and I do not cook it as it is difficult to get a good meatloaf for one.

Otter said:
The reason I asked the question is that other than the chains, we have no interesting food here. There are a few local restaurants that do good burgers and hot beef sandwiches, but the scope is very limited. So far, it's Ground Round #1, Perkins #2, and Applebee's #3. When we lived in CA we went to TGIFridays quite often, and Chili's to a lesser extent. Stuart Anerson's Black Angus was pretty good a long time ago, but they went downhill really fast. I noticed they changed the name and folded a while later, which is probably a blessing.

But Otter, where you are you have Lutefisk.

I think the salt content of ALL the frozen dinners is pretty much stratospheric, including the Lean Cuisine ones.

That's probably why they all begin to taste the same if you eat them too many nights in a row.

Speaking of another place that got ruined - when my dad was in his early airline days, they used to go to this great place in Seattle that was known for a good, cheap breakfast. It was called Starbucks.

mudbug said:
I think the salt content of ALL the frozen dinners is pretty much stratospheric, including the Lean Cuisine ones.

That's probably why they all begin to taste the same if you eat them too many nights in a row.

Speaking of another place that got ruined - when my dad was in his early airline days, they used to go to this great place in Seattle that was known for a good, cheap breakfast. It was called Starbucks.

Not real cheap anymore, mudbug, their coffee, just regular coffee not the souped up ones, is reasonable, but no refill, but all they have is pastries and bagels which they do not toast. My daughter works at the Starbucks on the UofO campus so I get a free pound of coffee when I need it, cannot afford $11 a pound.

mudbug said:
Actually, I have never liked Starbucks much at all. Should have mentioned that one when Otter first introduced this thread.

mudbug there is another coffee hours here in Eugene that I llike better and they offer free online service to customers which is why my daughter and I go there. They offer a better variety of eats and they toast the bagel, add lox and onions to the cream cheese and make the best pinninis in town.

Psiguyy said:
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Denny's on opposite ends of my spectrum.

just got home from ruth's chris! mmmmmmmmm....
i just wrote about it on the what's for dinner thread.
man, that carpaccio was so good....

norgeskog said:
mudbug said:
middie said:
we have a roadhouse here but i've yet to try it.

Contradicting myself here, but our local Roadhouse is always packed; however, the time we ate there the service and food were terrible.

The Roadhouse here in Eugene runs hot and cold. I have eaten there three times and once was great, once good and the last time awful. The first two times I had their ribs, the last time a steak and it belonged on the sole of my shoe.

Being that I have worked in restaurants, both fast food and fine dining (even though it was a pub also, they had fantastic food!), I think it depends on a lot of things. You could have gone on an off night, when the main cook didn't show up..... or the waitress.. or the bartender.. or even the dishwasher. When one person doesn't show up for work, it affects lots of things. I know, I had to fill in for people that didn't bother to call or show up. Other things could be a newly hired cook that "claims" he knows what he's doing, someone forgetting to order something, and just an all-around bad day. Most of my experiences with The Roadhouse have been great! BUT, I can remember people I have served at Pizza Hut that had a bad experience......... even the finest restaurant in the area has given unfavorable results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom