What is your favourite cheesecake topping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the next time I make a cheese cake I'm going to put together an ice cream bar with the thought of people building their own sundays using cheesecake in stead of ice cream. A good New York will handle it easily.

That's actually what I am doing. The cheesecakes will be on a stand, sort of like a wedding cake and then they will be cut with the toppings all on the side. I forgot the whipping cream....the groom asked for lots of that!

I forgot chocolate chips. ;) Or - how about slices of kiwi or mandarin oranges?

I am catering a small house wedding this Saturday. The couple have both been married before and are just having about 40 people so they didn't want the traditional wedding cake or cupcakes. I suggested cheesecake and they were really excited.

So, I am making large New York Cheescakes and toppings on the side. I am doing a berry sauce, chocolate, caramel pecan and for something different strawberries in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.

I was wondering what other people's favourite toppings are and that maybe I should change or add to the list.

I prefer mine plain but cherry comes in a close second.

This "strawberries in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar" intrigues me. Would you care to elaborate?

I prefer mine plain but cherry comes in a close second.

This "strawberries in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar" intrigues me. Would you care to elaborate?

I did it originally over ice cream and it was a big hit so I thought I would experiment with cheesecake and it too was a success (though some people do not like you messing with their strawberries!).

Prepare your fresh strawberries by cleaning and removing the hulls and then slice halve or leave them whole. Put a couple of shakes of good balsamic vinegar over them and a tablespoon or two of sugar (depending on how many you have). Stir it together and let them sit in the fridge for awhile. The juice from the berries and the vinegar meld to make a wonderful "syrup". You can grind some black pepper over as well, but don't get too carried away with it.

Sorry Wart, I wasn't trying to be snarky. It is this stupid sinus infection and arthritic knee. I was trying to agree that it was a great idea! But alas, yes, cheesecake can affect the sences can't it!

Forgot, I often make citrus curds because I often have egg yolks left over. Lemon, blood orange, grapfruite, and lime are all nice with cheese cake.

Tiramisu cheesecake and pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory are some of our favorites here.

The simple, ubiquitous blueberry. Don't leave home without it!

Something borrow, something blue...

And those blueberries are even better if they are fresh, and mixed into a sweetend yogurt, then spread accross the top. But they have to be very good blueberries to be done like that, you know, like our Michigan wild blueberries (one of the fines flavors on the planet:)).

Cooked and spiced apple is great on cheesecake as well. It truly compliments the cheesecake flavor.

The next time you want to really impress someone with a standard New York Cheesecake, bake the custard in a parchment paper line springform pan. Remove the cheesecake from the pan when it is cooked and cooled. You will find that it shrank as it cooked. I used a thin, flexible plastic cutting sheet to move the custard. Next, bake a graham cracker crust according to standard directions and allow to cool. Fill the crust with something that can't be baked, like softend ice maybe a good strawberry flavor, and make very cold again. Then, take the custard and carefully insert it back into the partially filled crust. I did that and no one could figure out how I cooked that ice cream under that cheesecake. It was fun watching them try to figure it out. And the custard fit perfectly into the crust.

So you might try making a couple ten inch round cheesecakes rather than one large rectangular one and jazz it up a bit with this technique. It has wow factor. The hidden filling can be anything you want, even a good homemade fudge.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks, Goodweed, that certainly does sound wonderful. Unfortunately I have most of these one done, but I will certainly keep that for the future!

Tart red cherries with sugar, cornstarch, water, a little red food color if they aren't as red as you'd like. Make a kind of pie filling and at the end add a little Frangelico liqueur. Maybe a pinch of salt, too. Top your cheesecake. This is delicious!

Tiramisu cheesecake and pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory are some of our favorites here.

I usually go with cherries, or fresh strawberries or blueberries. I also like a good turtle topping, or snickers topping or Rieses Peices topping, etc.

But, both the Tiramisu and pumpkin topping sound great!

Sorry Wart, I wasn't trying to be snarky.

I didn't think you were, I was making excuses for leaving a brain fart.

:ROFLMAO:

But alas, yes, cheesecake can affect the senses can't it!

I was having visions of Fostoria American pedestal cake plates with silver condiment settings on white linen with lace borders.

And the Carnage they would suffer.

Yeah, I was distracted. ;)

This is so simple, I've included my photo of it - lemon & lime zest, it is so fresh and light

Attachments

• citrus cheesecake small.jpg
    citrus cheesecake small.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom