What is your favourite fall/winter comfort food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite fall/winter comfort food?

• Soups

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Stews/Chili

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Roasted/Braised Meats

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Harvested Veggies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pastas

• Casseroles

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Fresh Baked Bread (and other baked goods)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Hot Beverages (hot chocolate, tea, cider, etc)

• Grilled Foods (indoor and outdoor)

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Bourbon and other (please post specifics)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, so I am a little bit late getting out as I am already at my deadline, but thought I would throw this out for a day or two.

What is your favourite comfort food in the cooler (or colder) weather? We have tried to cover all bases with our answers but please feel free to write in other answers.

Oh and tell all your DC friends as the poll will be gone after tomorrow and we would love to get as many answers as we can!

Something happened to the poll when I posted it so if you saw it without a poll, please come back and give us your vote!

I voted for braises but need multiple choices for soups, chili and more. Cooler/colder weather cooking is my favorite because I can cook all the things I like most.

Almost forgot, Osso Buco, Boeuf Bourguignon, chili, etc...

LOL - there is no way for me to be 100% correct with any answer! Could just as easily have picked roasted/braised meats ... today's pot roast is tomorrow's stew.

I went with stews/chili. I love having things like that on the stove heating up the house and smelling great all day, plus they make for great leftovers.

Oh dear, do I have to choose only one? Soups, stews, chilies, long-cooking meals of all kinds. Hearty fare that takes hours to cook, warms the kitchen, and just begs you to ask your friends to come by for a bowl.

Oatmeal

Yes, but not the "just add water" junk in the packs.

McCann's Irish Oatmeal. Takes an hour to cook. A little salt. A good amount of cinnamon. Some Splenda. Then add dried blueberries.

Yum... Warm. Tasty. And keeps me satisfied for hours.

I love cooking and eating winter foods...What made it hard to choose was the fact I adore making bread to have with soups,stews,pastas so there we are.
kades

I would have voted for Stews, but you put Chili in there, and it is NOT my favorite any time. :( so I voted for braised meats. However, I also love soups, breads, gratins, and anything that falls into the "comforting" category.

I made risotto last night. :)

Creamy soups are my favorite once the weather cools down. Stews also, but only if they're soupy. ;) And lots and lots of hot milky sweet tea. Lots of it.

I voted "Other" to include all of the above...Plus bourbon!!!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Good move, Uncle Bob. I'm with you.

All the choices are so tempting, but I especially like hearty soups and stews. And, as kadesma said, I can't think of a big steamy bowl of soup without some crusty homemade bread. Man, oh man, I'm craving soup all of a sudden.

One of my choices during the fall and winter is a dish of braised short ribs that practically makes me want to crawl into the casserole as they cook. Yummy.

Katie E said:
One of my choices during the fall and winter is a dish of braised short ribs that practically makes me want to crawl into the casserole as they cook. Yummy.

If you'll put 40 cloves of garlic in there...I'll crawl in with ya!!!:chef:

:LOL:

I went with soup, but given option I would choose 3 first ones, because i like them equally. But soups are the easiest of the bunch, and I make soups more often.

I Love me some Good ole Stew or CHILI yes I DO, Got any ORANGE CAKE :) Got any Cheese? :( please don't make me eat that cheese again Barbara morning afternoon and night :wacko: it hurts yes it do :cry:

Back
Top Bottom