What is your ideal breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
Not what are you having for breakfast,but what is your ideal breakfast?
this is mine 2-3 eggs scrambled,grits with butter,ham,blueberry waffle with syrup,nice cold glass of milk,maybe a small glass of juice,and I have to have coffee,cream and sugar please... and if I am in the mood,substitute the grits for hash browns... can't wait to hear your input on "ideal breakfast"
I have made my self hungry:LOL:

Last edited:
I enjoy breakfast out - my usual is a well-done egg white omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese, hash browns, and pancakes or toast with butter and grape jelly - if I am feeling skinny that morning, I'll order bacon too. The ultimate though, is brunch, when I can get a sampling of everything! On an everyday basis, though, I don't eat breakfast - just coffee.

fruit & heavy cream w/ instant cream of wheat (that's so yummy.:LOL: )
weekdays, i get fresh-squeezed juice, blueberry yogurt & a container of sliced fresh fruit, or have milk & juice. those are delicious breakfasts for me.

Last edited:
Every Sunday, we go to our former Mayor's restaurant for breakfast. Dh, jumps all over the menu, I think he's about tried everything...me, I love bacon and this place is the only one who serves one I like so I order their special, two eggs over med, (they cook them in butter) wheat toast,bacon they give you 4 strips and their wonder home cooked potatoes, the potatoes have some crusty brown pieces in them, have a hint of garlic and are sprinkled with chopped parsley, oh my they are so good. Of course I have my "real" coffee on sundays, most morning it de-caf so I look forward to sunday. During the week, it's coffee and maybe a crumpet...

kadesma:LOL:

All you can eat supply of fresh hot flaky buttery french croissants, served in bed with a potfull of earl grey with milk, I will be enormously happy:) :)

My ideal (fat and calorie-free :-p) breakfast would probably (gosh, I feel like a pig saying this, but here goes be) tons of scrambled eggs with melted cheese whiz or Velveta cheese and ketchup, crispy maple glazled bacon, waffles with strawberries and whip cream, a raspberry and vanilla ice cream smoothie and if I had even a speck of room left perhaps a croissant with nutella (I owe DH for introduing me to this combo) or (I'm such a child at heart) a bowl of Captain Crunch cereal :angel:

urmaniac13 said:
All you can eat supply of fresh hot flaky buttery french croissants, served in bed with a potfull of earl grey with milk, I will be enormously happy:) :)

That's my Vegas breakfast every time!

I love any breakfast that is at a restaurant. Probably my favorite is eggs benedict, but with the eggs cooked over-medium, and with fresh avocados and tomatoes sliced on top.

Eggs Benedict with the sauce on the side. ( They always put way way too much sauce on it for me) with home fried potatoes, hot coffee with vanilla cream and my hubby serving me! lol.

Or my dad's French toast.
I don't know what he does that's different from everyother piece of French toast I've ever had ( and he won't tell me) but it's the very very very best.

Fresh fruit salad and a croissant, along with a cup of coffee. Other times I like to make the bacon and potatoe fritatta that I think mish posted on here, it's become a favorite of mine, and I love eggwhite omelets with veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms, and top it with salsa).

I like baked potato with some olive oil and lox or herring, and tomato-sour cream salad, well if you can call it a salad, on a side. Folow by coffe with milk and some pastries.

Well if I am somewhere tropical then the setting is just as important as the meal. I would be at a little table outside, hopefully looking at the ocean. Fresh exotic and tropical fruits would be served as well as good black coffee and possibly a coissant.

If I am not in some tropical paradise then I would go with a good New York bagel. Not a NY style bagel, but one actually cooked and served to me IN NY. On it would be lots of veggies including, but not limited to tomato, onion, lettuce. There would be a variety of smoked fishes such as sable, whitefish, lox (belly lox) as well as either lox spread or whitefish spread or maybe even both. The of course some cheese on top of that. Jarlsberg or Swiss or a number of other types. It would be so large that I would have to dislocate my jaw to bite into it.

During our winter, I choose a bowl of good porridge (only served with a little sprinkle of salt and a little milk - no sugar or honey or fruit), followed by a slice of wholegrain toast. On Sundays, my husband always wants a full 'Ulster Fry' type Scottish breakfast - eggs, bacon, black pudding, tattie scone, grilled tomato and sausage.

In summer? Something lighter, such as scrambled egg on toast, or a small finnan haddie with a poached egg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom