What is your signature dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Expat, there is. Aubergine. Don't call it eggplant, peel it, and no one will be the wiser (everyone loves my grilled ratatouille. they can guess what is in it! haha!).

My sons say it's my mashed potatoes, too!
hahaha...he's living with his girlfriend now, in a small apartment over her mom's home. I sent her mom my zucchini bread and she asked for the recipe. I obliged. My son told me I should have given her the mashed potato recipe. I told him I'm taking that to my urn...it's the only way I'm convinced he'll visit !

Right now these might be at the top of the list.

Borscht, Paska Easter bread, Ukrainian nut rolls, Ukrainian cabbage rolls cooked in a good home made chicken broth rather than tomato juice, Sparta Tort, Ukrainian Honey cake (or call it bread).

i guess that the dish i'm most often asked to cook/bring to an event is my sunday gravy. i make it every year for my dept's christmas party, and have gotten dozens of inquiries into how i make it.

it 's meatballs (mixed ground beef and pork) and hot and sweet italian sausage in a chunky garden style tomato sauce.

when i make it for my family, i add boneless pork rib ends, and sometimes brasciole.

During the summer it's my beer butt smoked chicken that seems to be a favorite. I guess I am most known for my Thanksgiving dinner though. Last year I cut back on what I cooked - this year I think I'm going to do what I want.......which means even more than the normal way too much food.

It's not really a "dish" but my rolls are the most requested for outings. :rolleyes:

img_682960_0_b8ec234bd7f849fe10e2fc7e3a41d58c.jpg

img_682960_1_3bf342be1db73328ae58c4ffbd5b85c6.jpg

I've always been known for my pistacio poundcake, Balsamic drummetts,
spinach dip in bread bowl for BBQ's, and my sweeties request everytime he comes home is chocolate chip walnut cookies!:) Nice, thick and chewy!

no i add them in chicken step by step. i use potato' carrot' and many others i don't know their names in english.

first of all cook chicken in indain/pakistani style. when chicken will be soft enough then add shimla mirsh' Matar' Band Gobhi' Shaljam' carrot' Potatao' and u can add a few more vegetables those are available in ur country by season.
cook them until they will be soft. u can also use this dish for sandwiches and rolls.
Give me some time and i will send u complete recipe in details. then u can cook it very well.
Thanks

Mike's Spicey Chicken (wok fried tempura chicken in a spicey garlic chili scallion sauce)

"Primanti" style sandwhiches with fries and home made coleslaw.

Buffalo breakfest egg muffins with bacon and hashbrowns.

BBQMikey
it's not my signature dish, not even close but I tell you what? I make a mean Primanti Bros sandwich, my own fries and oil based cole slaw so it's like theirs not my own. SOoooooooooo good

Probably my potato salad. At big gettogethers, there's usually several potato salads, but never any left over of the one they always ask me to make.

I tried using a package of Italian Salad Dressing mix for the spices and mayo once when I was in a hurry. It was wonderful. I've even been in such a hurry that all I had to put in it was potatoes (I use red, they hold together better and have better more flavor.) Now I always make it that way.

Back
Top Bottom