What is your signature dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Maybe a two part question.

What one dish do you consider to be your signature dish? The one dish that says YOU all over it. The one you are most proud to put in front of company.

Possible secone question. Those that you cook for on a frequent basis, may view a different dish as your signature. If you are aware of this then what is that one.

I feel that my signature dish is my cheesecake. I got the recipie from a restaurant that drew from miles around for just this cake. I top mine with three kinds of fruit and seldom have leftovers.

Many of my friends are very enamored with my Rye Bread. I have shipped it as far as Atlanta. Also great reviews.

Hope you all have fun with this.

my signature dish is my stuffed tuna steak over wilted extra-petite baby spinach. posted in an actual cookbook, now, fer a recipe contest i won.
my frequent, & often signature dish is my chili. several people request my chili.

My signature dish is my Thanksgiving dinner, the best 3 being my Turkey (stuffed with meyer lemons & fresh grown herbs), carrots in a dill cream sauce and the greatest sweet potato dish ever (and I got it here!): http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=182767&postcount=10

The one that most ask for is my cookies, specifically my Grandma's Monster Cookies. They're big & chewy and IMO, the greatest cookie in the world. Someday I hope to publish them (as well as other recipes) as a tribute to my Grandma.

grannys chicken casserole.involves brocc.cooked chicken, cheese,and crumb topping. sauce added in has cream of chicken soup, mayo ,lemon juice , and chili powder. this is a top request from each person in the family. however i do get tired of it.babe

I would have to say my Lasagna is my signature dish. My sons have requested it and others have raved about it.

I have no idea what my signature dish is. Wow. I have never thought about that. I'll get back to you on this one. Maybe my husband will see this and weigh in. Ken? You out there?

MY family and friends love my homemade ravioli and the sauce or gravy for them..They also request my stuffed onions..All three were from tying my mother-in-law to a chair and forcing the ingredients out of her:LOL: These I learned to give my DH something he dearly loved after his mom couldn't do them anymore and also for his brothers who's wives just didn't want to be bothered..So I learned;)
kadesma

has to be baby back ribs .. or mac and cheese ...
people are disappointed when they come over and i am
not cooking them ..

I got a couple three or four

Chicken Moscow: a Russian chicken dish cooked on the bone with butter dill brandy and cream.

A lamb and eggplant lasagna (meat optional)

A lamb and cashew chili

A mesquite smoked whole chicken served with ratatouille (summer at its best!)

a fine putanesca sauce

I think its my caramel rolls (sticky buns).
I worked on those for 2 years to get 'em perfect.
(No not on 1 batch..... haha)

DH would say one of my soups...... most likely the cream of chicken / wild rice.

The kids would say potato pancakes!!!!

My braised brisket with root vegetables. Second my Beef Barley soup I git requests for both quite often, And the seniors over where my sister lives swears that my cinnamon rolls are the best

How can you have just one!!! Different settings call for different signatures.

I suppose I can narrow it to 3...

1. Red pepper roasted pork loin with vegetables.--outdoor cooking
2. Chili!! I have a huge following for my chili. -- casual food
3. Stuffed pork loin. -- a bit on the fancy side.

Until I learned to bake bread back in March, it was Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Soup. Now the requests are for breads and rolls. Even the church ladies ask for the breads for their bake sales. The last bake sale they put eight half loaves of my Italian bread on the table priced at $3.00 per half loaf, and sold them all in 20 minutes once people found out that I made them.

pecan pie. i got the recipe from a tv show and the first time i made it i was fairly inexperienced and it turned out perfectly. i was so excited that i made it all, pie shell too!

Roast Chicken with a nice crispy skin with slivers of garlic and herbs underneath the skin.

Chili with turkey and five kinds of beans served over rice

Curry Chicken made with my own homemade curry spice mixture.

Key Lime Poundcake

Until I learned to bake bread back in March, it was Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Soup. Now the requests are for breads and rolls. Even the church ladies ask for the breads for their bake sales. The last bake sale they put eight half loaves of my Italian bread on the table priced at $3.00 per half loaf, and sold them all in 20 minutes once people found out that I made them.

Joe, are your bread recipes posted anywhere? I am anxious to start making my own bread and need all the help I can get.

Toni

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom