"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
What is your signature dish?

Maybe a two part question.

What one dish do you consider to be your signature dish? The one dish that says YOU all over it. The one you are most proud to put in front of company.

Possible secone question. Those that you cook for on a frequent basis, may view a different dish as your signature. If you are aware of this then what is that one.

I feel that my signature dish is my cheesecake. I got the recipie from a restaurant that drew from miles around for just this cake. I top mine with three kinds of fruit and seldom have leftovers.

Many of my friends are very enamored with my Rye Bread. I have shipped it as far as Atlanta. Also great reviews.

Hope you all have fun with this.

One difference between a cook and a chef is that the cook mows the lawn, while the bread is rising.
Adillo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Master Chef
my signature dish is my stuffed tuna steak over wilted extra-petite baby spinach. posted in an actual cookbook, now, fer a recipe contest i won.
my frequent, & often signature dish is my chili. several people request my chili.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Hospitality Queen
My signature dish is my Thanksgiving dinner, the best 3 being my Turkey (stuffed with meyer lemons & fresh grown herbs), carrots in a dill cream sauce and the greatest sweet potato dish ever (and I got it here!): Best way of cooking sweet potato?

The one that most ask for is my cookies, specifically my Grandma's Monster Cookies. They're big & chewy and IMO, the greatest cookie in the world. Someday I hope to publish them (as well as other recipes) as a tribute to my Grandma.
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
grannys chicken casserole.involves brocc.cooked chicken, cheese,and crumb topping. sauce added in has cream of chicken soup, mayo ,lemon juice , and chili powder. this is a top request from each person in the family. however i do get tired of it.babe
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
Master Chef
I would have to say my Lasagna is my signature dish. My sons have requested it and others have raved about it.
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
I have no idea what my signature dish is. Wow. I have never thought about that. I'll get back to you on this one. Maybe my husband will see this and weigh in. Ken? You out there?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
MY family and friends love my homemade ravioli and the sauce or gravy for them..They also request my stuffed onions..All three were from tying my mother-in-law to a chair and forcing the ingredients out of her These I learned to give my DH something he dearly loved after his mom couldn't do them anymore and also for his brothers who's wives just didn't want to be bothered..So I learned
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
My signature dish is illegible
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Head Chef
has to be baby back ribs .. or mac and cheese ...
people are disappointed when they come over and i am
not cooking them ..
love2"Q" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
Executive Chef
I got a couple three or four

Chicken Moscow: a Russian chicken dish cooked on the bone with butter dill brandy and cream.

A lamb and eggplant lasagna (meat optional)

A lamb and cashew chili

A mesquite smoked whole chicken served with ratatouille (summer at its best!)

a fine putanesca sauce

Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote