what kind of eater are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lyndalou said:
I guess I do a little of everything, but in moderation. Fruit for breakfast a light lunch and then a good dinner. I am not counting anything out of my diet, but have cut way down on carbs. That is, I still have bread, potatoes,etc. just not 3 times a day every day. I've never been much for snacks. I walk a lot, so by tweaking my diet I have lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for over a year.

Oh yes, I haven't given up my wine before dinner, I'm not that good.

:)

Congratulations, lyndalou. I have recently lost 40 lbs. since May. It is amazing what you can do when you "tweak" your diet. I like to snack, but I try to eat healthier things, replacing the typical chips, cookies, etc. I would say that I am a combination of types 2, 3, and 4.

Good Luck, lyndalou and keep up the great work!! 8)

SierraCook said:
lyndalou said:
I guess I do a little of everything, but in moderation. Fruit for breakfast a light lunch and then a good dinner. I am not counting anything out of my diet, but have cut way down on carbs. That is, I still have bread, potatoes,etc. just not 3 times a day every day. I've never been much for snacks. I walk a lot, so by tweaking my diet I have lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for over a year.

Oh yes, I haven't given up my wine before dinner, I'm not that good.

:)

Congratulations, lyndalou. I have recently lost 40 lbs. since May. It is amazing what you can do when you "tweak" your diet. I like to snack, but I try to eat healthier things, replacing the typical chips, cookies, etc. I would say that I am a combination of types 2, 3, and 4.

Good Luck, lyndalou and keep up the great work!! 8)

Congrats lyndalou and Sierra!!! :D

Thanks, it always feels good to get a compliment. I actually got a compliment from a man that works a couple of levels above me today and it about knocked me over. For one thing I cannot stand the man as person, but I respect his knowledge of his job. At one point a few years ago he made me so angry that I wanted to quit my job, but I was not about to give him the satisfaction.

Yeah, never let someone like that influence what you do. You have to be true to yourself..... if you don't, that WOULD give them the satisfaction.

Thanks, again. Boy, it has really hit me hard today that my boss is retiring in 2 months. I starting to feel like the lost sheep. I know that things will be fine. But I am really going to miss him. I have worked for him ever since I started working for the Forest Service. :(

Weeks said:
*shrugs* I only eat complex meals for dinner. Everything else I keep simple. I'm also one of those types that rebelled against the typical southern upbringing that tells us to clean our plates no matter what. I will eat until I'm no longer hungry, and then stop. Drives my family crazy.

my soulmate... i'm a snacker.
typical day for me:
1st a.m meal- 8-oz. can of ginger ale
2nd a.m. meal- 1/2 a string cheese and a piece of nice crispy bacon
lunch#1- consomme and a few bites of leftover steak
lunch #2- a few brazil nuts, caffeine-free Coke
lunch #3- some bleu cheese and a piece of salami, a slice of proscuitto
1st afternoon snack- a saltine
2nd afternoon snack- half a can of ensure
dinner #1- a pierogy w/ butter
dinner #2- a crab leg
snack while watching tv- jolly ranchers and vodka
snack before bed- allergy medication and prevacid and a few sips of whole milk
midnight snack- 1/4 of a carton of yogurt

this has gotten me by just fine. my blood pressure is 120/70 on average, my resting heart rate is consistently 70-ish, and my stomach is always satisfied and not distressed because i don't overeat. and i'm skinny. very.

buckytom said:
lol, psiguyy. you just reminded me of animal house "you are a p - i - g, pig...."

Actually, it's more like "P-I-G, Hog!" That was one of Justin Wilson's favorite sayings.

I am a wierd eater. I work as an electrician and if I am deep into like wiring a house I can forget to eat. I may eat like a bowl of ceral or a bag of potato chips and that will be almost it. And I may go for days like that. But, eventually I get hungery and then I'll go through a couple of plates of food like a vacuum cleaner. And then it's back to almost nothing again for awhile.
The funny thing is, in high school I was the one that would win the eating contest. And whats really funny is no matter how I ate, I wouldnt get a tummy ache, I'd get a headache. And when I get really hungery I get a headache.
Lastly, my MIL knows I'm a finicky eater, but she thinks I eat like a horse. May have some thing to do with the quality of the cooking. Which is not a bad reflection on my wife's cooking...
but I couldn't work like I do and eat like that all the time.
I may eat bowls of ceral for breakfast and I mean 2 or 3 of the smallest glass pyrex mixing bowl, if i slow down and take the time to eat. If I eat or if I dont eat breakfast, if it gets to be about 2 pm before I think about food again, I'll think why spend $5-10 on pizza or carryout or some other foolishnes when for the same money I could buy a lamb chop, tuna steak or slab of salmon and have good eats. By the by it's 7. It's time to worship at the alter of G.E.

No catagory here for me. I'm not much of an eater but this is what I do have on a typical day........

For breakfast: I'll drink 3 to 4 cups of black coffee.
Sometimes I'll have a slice of toast w/butter but not very often
because in the morning food just doesn't appeal to me.

For lunch: A 16 oz glass of diet dr pepper.
Still no desire for food at this time.

For supper: What ever I feel like eating of what I've prepared for
the family although I don't eat a complete meal. If I fix like,
baked chicken breasts, baked or mashed potatoes and corn I'll
eat just a baked potato with a little butter and salt and pepper.

I drink a lot of fluids throughout the day which usually consists of
water, diet dr pepper, or vodka and I munch on ice all day long
(from the time I wake in the morning til I go to bed at night).

tweedee! one baked potato and that's it for the day?! i'd give up that diet pop and switch to regular pop if i were you!
my, goodness; i'm only in the double digits weightwise at 5' 5 1/2", or 5'6" or 5' 7" tall (it changes w/ each person who measures me, lol.) and i eat way more calories per day than the 100 you'd find in an average potato, lol.
plus you drink diet pop and coffee, and vodka... diuretics... not good. probably why you eat so much ice.
sorry to lecture, LOL. shame on me. oops.
:oops:

luvs_food,

Diuretics? hmmm, I had to look that up in my medical book to find out what it was. I guess I should have known since I did take a medication class after doing my cna class. But no I don't use anykind of drugs...never have...never will.

But as for the leture that's ok, I get those all the time lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom