What? No Dinner Thread? 11/17/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
DH brought home an exhorbitantly expensive broccoli crown, so soup it is. I also spelunked some T'gving in August turkey broth (thought it was July) which is more precious than gold, after looking through the grocery stores.

What are you having?

Last edited:
Broccoli soup is always very tasty!

I made a Steak and Kidney casserole (stew). (More of the same tomorrow). :)

I made a roast leg of lamb last night. I have enough left over to make a nice hash with some potato's and mushrooms. A pot of butternut squash soup.

Eating ripe D'anjou pears with Tillamook Vintage Smoked White Cheddar. Coffee for dessert.

No, there is no dinner thread. We are staging a protest against enjoying food which might contain trans fats.

DA and I enjoy breakfast for dinner sometimes, so we had scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon with a pear and apple cup.

With love,
~Cat

We celebrated Stirling's birthday with friends at The Old Dublin Pub & Restaurant. I had a rib steak with fries. It was yummy and cooked just right. Had a couple of draught Carlsberg.

We celebrated Stirling's birthday with friends at The Old Dublin Pub & Restaurant. I had a rib steak with fries. It was yummy and cooked just right. Had a couple of draught Carlsberg.
happy birthday stirling!! did he have steak as well,and if so,dare i ask was his cooked to his liking too,tax:ermm:;)?!!

Last edited:
really getting wintery over here now.snow forecast for tuesday & some wag on the beeb was merrily informing me,as i drove over to chester to visit mum,that we are in for a "canadian" winter with relentless freezing temps & snow for three months...grrrrrrrreat!!having said that,i really love getting out in that type of weather.brilliant over in north wales too,snow covered fields surrounding the house & logs crackling on the fire...nice:)!!.it's the depressingly damp,dismal,drizzly british winters that i hate:(!!any road up,on a cheerier note,a taste of the sunny med with a greek/cypriot type theme:
slow cooked boned/rolled welsh lamb shoulder with cyprus potatoes,sweet red onions & ramiro red peppers.montepulciano d'abruzzo smoother than a baby's bum.oh yeah,woulda posted this last night but dozed off watching "the real housewives of beverly hills"ahh well,:ermm::rolleyes:!!

Attachments

• SLOW COOKED LAMB 001.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 001.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 143
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 002.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 002.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 144
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 003.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 003.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 136
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 004.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 004.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 138
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 005.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 005.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 152
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 006.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 006.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 134
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 007.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 007.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 131
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 008.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 008.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 183
  • SLOW COOKED LAMB 009.JPG
    SLOW COOKED LAMB 009.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Harry, is preparing the lamb something you do yourself (boning and rolling)?
I'm not much of a lamb eater, but I don't recall seeing anything like that in the butcher's counter either. Maybe they'll do it if asked.

It was one of those days that no one was home together so dinner was a pot of turkey soup and a loaf of french bread that you could grab when you had a moment. I also put together a big fruit plate for us to grab and go. We had red grapes, pomegranate (.89 each!!), orange slices and some lovely blackberries.

Harry, is preparing the lamb something you do yourself (boning and rolling)?
I'm not much of a lamb eater, but I don't recall seeing anything like that in the butcher's counter either. Maybe they'll do it if asked.
yes i do pac.shoulder is one of the easier joints to bone imo as you are really only dealing with one major bone...the blade,which usually has the shoulder shank attached.i cut those off & freeze them.they're fab in tagines,curries & stews etc.on this occasion it was already boned,rolled & neatly packaged in the pre pack meat aisle.
can't believe that you & i were brought up on andy capp & have just had a straight faced conversation about boning & rolling;)!.good job it wasn't boned,rolled AND stuffed eh matey??......pause for benny hill speeded up chase music:ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:??!!!

Last edited:
Dinner was French's French Fried Onion Chicken, cornbread stuffing, and steamed asparagus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom