What, no dinner thread yet? OK, I'll start one. 9/17/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a very nice chicken noodle soup from the leftover carb-loaded chicken alfredo fundraiser meal from a container that would feed a small country. Sauteed some celery and onions, added a box of Kirkland chicken broth and a T. of BTB chicken stock and some water, a couple packets of TrueLemon, some poultry seasoning, and other stuff I forget. Then I dumped in the leftover alfredo with those good thick Amish noodles and cooked it on low for awhile. It was delicious. I put a tupperware container in the fridge, and will freeze a ziplock full.

What's going on with you?

Last edited:
Spent most of the afternoon anchored in a quiet cove on a friend's boat (fabulous September weather), sipping wine and eating nibblies. Easy dinner of burgers on the grill, accompanied by leftover peanut butter noodles.

We drove to Brattleboro, VT today for the BaconFest. A total waste of time. We covered the whole thing in less than five minutes. Not worth the 1:45 minute drive each way.

We took a roundabout way home to enjoy the nice day. SO wanted steak for dinner so we stopped on the way home and bought two ribeyes. I grilled them with Weber's Chicago steak seasoning and they were excellent.

Tacos for the family. My tummy still feels bad. I'll have some old fashioned shredded wheat "pillows" later with a maple syrup drizzle. Maybe heated.

Went to a neighborhood school's fall fund raiser. Parade this a.m. led by the Mpls Police band. Fireworks last night. Carnival all weekend. Bands/ dancing/ and more. Big doings. I had a whole roast pig pulled pork sammie and a soda pop. Pretty good.

I made salmon with honey-teriyaki glaze, salad with honey-soy dressing and leftover braised green beans reheated with a few tablespoons of the salad dressing. Delish :yum:

Attachments

• 1474164977665.jpg
    1474164977665.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 181
I'm not cooking tonight... DH and I are taking Mr&Mrs Landlord out to dinner.
I'm very excited, we're going to this really cool joint in town.
I'll try to take photos on the sly ...

IMG_3006.JPG
Lamb chops
IMG_3007.JPG
Bacon and Garlic dip
IMG_3008.JPG
Carnita Tacos
IMG_3009.JPG
Shrimp in a cream and Basil Sauce
IMG_3010.JPG
Tabouli
IMG_3011.JPG
Steak and Feta Salad
[missing photo" Green Olive Tapenade]
Well, we had a groaning table of delicious food AND a lovely glass of Sangria for the ladies (or two ;) )

We had chettinad curry and rice, it was very lovely. My daughter wanted falukorv so she got that.

It was a big day at work. Catered a wedding and there was a festival down the road so the deli was very busy also. Too tired to cook much of anything so we fried up some chicken wings and brought home the fixin's for Caesar salad. World cup hockey has started. Fell asleep sitting up some time during the second period:LOL:. Still don't know who won

Sautéed seasoned onions with fresh ground hamburger. I seasoned the meat prior to cooking with S&P, garlic powder, Onion powder and a touch of MSG for flavor enhancer. Served over seasoned rice. There was about four large mouthfuls of rice left. I devoured them six hours later and realized I need to eat more rice. I often forget how much I like it. More so than mashed potatoes. :angel:

Good looking food!

K-Girl, were all those plates for you, or did your table do tapas? ;)

I made an Ohio State meal - a Quisno's sub made like the original, family owned sub shop on Chittenden made back in the '60s when Himself was a student at OSU. After all, when your favorite football team is killing their opponent, what better to celebrate with than a meaty sandwich. :LOL: Homemade pickles on the side, the last of Batch 2. Chips would have been nice, but I didn't think of it when I was at the grocery store.

Attachments

• 2016-09-17 23.19.48.jpg
    2016-09-17 23.19.48.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 118
Good looking food!

K-Girl, were all those plates for you, or did your table do tapas? ;)

I made an Ohio State meal - a Quisno's sub made like the original, family owned sub shop on Chittenden made back in the '60s when Himself was a student at OSU. After all, when your favorite football team is killing their opponent, what better to celebrate with than a meaty sandwich. :LOL: Homemade pickles on the side, the last of Batch 2. Chips would have been nice, but I didn't think of it when I was at the grocery store.

I just adore sandwiches for dinner! Easy peasy!
And yes, those were tapas for the table of four that was shared... I'm so glad that we all ate garlic ;)

Back
Top Bottom