"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
Heck no I'm not cooking. Seeing as it's April 1st I'll have some kind of fluke with something turning out great and not be able to do it again.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #12
Master Chef

We're having lasagna, too!
It's our third night, but it just keeps getting better. I only re-heat the amount we'll eat, so the pasta doesn't get cooked to mush.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Caramel corn and Pop Tarts.

Yes, being *that* lazy...
Old 04-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been working on a pork,tomatillo burrito filling for tomorrows dinner, plus making cowboy beans for tomorrow. So this cook is going out for either fish and chips and side salad or the place's yummy steak sammie with fries and salad. I had planned the burritos for during this last week, took a gander and realized it was to much for just 4 so I upped the recipe for 12, I thought I'd never get through browning the pork..It's been simmering for about 40 min and the filling is really good. I'm anxious as this is the first time I've eaten a burrito!!! My kids indulge all the time, so I can't wait to see how they feel about one that isn't full of beans Now I need to figure out something special for dessert, as everyone wants to do the birthday song with candles for my daughter Ari..

kadesma
Old 04-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
I cooked fish for the very first time in my life tonight! I did salmon with a maple marinade - baked it. Hubby liked it & that was the whole point.
I don't eat the stuff. 20+ years ago I had salmon cooked outdoors on planks at some Washington state tourist attraction. It wasn't done. I haven't touched salmon since.
Now he wants me to try fish & chips! Oy! Searching for the perfect recipe...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Didn't cook here, I'm dreaming of all the wonderful things that pds is serving at her hit party right now.

We were in town late tonight. Aidan wanted chicken nuggets so we went to this local drive up place. I let Aidan out of his car seat when we parked and he kept shouting at the waitresses as they walked past. "I want chicken nuggets!" Even after we ordered he opened the moonroof and stuck his head out. "Please I want chicken nuggets!" Then we got our food, strapped Aidan back in and we were on our way home. LOTS of deep fried food and before the food was even halfway gone, I was already grossed out. Then Callum cried the entire 45 minutes home. I felt so awful about it, but what can you do? Just get home as quickly and safely as possible, get him out and hold him. Like magic, he stopped. Now he's asleep in my arms.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:22 AM   #17
Senior Cook

I ruined my dinner I was going to have an eggplant sandwich which turned out very bitter, and an avocado - that part was perfect! until I dropped it on the floor
This just isn't my night...
Old 04-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Homemade!

I made my wonderful Chicken Veggie soup from scratch and some grilled cheese sandwiches. It was really good and my family loved it.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

We have a 4 course every Saturday..

This is what I made this week:

1. creamy leek soup 2. cooked tartare (burger :D ) on endive with brie-cream-sauce
3. tenderloin steak with red pasta, mixed mushrooms and red port 4. icecream with peach and grand marnier
Old 04-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
We are having a late dinner - I made a late lunch of potatoe skins - I'm addicted!

Dinner will be alpine chicken, white rice, fresh green beans and cinnamon apple sauce. I am making brownie pudding for dessert.
Never heard of Alpine Chicken? What are the ingredients and the flavor?