What?! Nobody's Cooking on April 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SizzlininIN said:
Never heard of Alpine Chicken? What are the ingredients and the flavor?

Sizzlin - this is very easy but tasty - this recipe easily doubles for lots of company - can be prepared ahead of time and popped in oven later.....

Alpine Chicken
6-8 chicken breasts
6-8 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 soup can of sherry
1 box chicken stuffing
1/2 - 1 whole stick butter or margarine (I use 1/2 stick butter)

Preheat oven to 350
Arrange chicken in 9x13 pan - put a slice of swiss cheese on each breast
Mix soup and sherry and pour over top of chicken
Mix stuffing with butter and pour of top of chicken
Cover and bake for 45 minutes
Remove cover and bake for additional 15 minutes

Ohhhh that sounds really good. I've never cooked with Sherry but I'll have to give it a try as I have some other recipes that sound really good that include it. Thanks for sharing!

That Alpine Chicken is very similar to a dish I make called Parisian Chicken, but minus the butter, swiss cheese, & stuffing; adding in sour cream.

1 package (3-4) bone-in chicken breast halves
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can mushroom pieces (or fresh sauteed mushrooms if you like)
dry sherry
8 ounces sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken breasts in baking dish skin side up. Combine soup with mushrooms & 1/2-3/4 soup-can-full of dry sherry in a bowl & pour over chicken breasts. Bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clean when meat near bone is pierced with a knife. Remove chicken breasts to a plate & keep warm. Scrape sauce & juices from baking dish into saucepan, stir in 8 ounces of sour cream, & heat gently until warmed through. Do not overheat or sour cream will curdle (this won't affect the taste - just the texture/appearance).

I usually serve this with plain white rice to help sop up all that delicious sauce, & plan buttered baby carrots.

The local volunteer fire department had an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner as a fundraiser. So, I went with some friends and stuffed myself silly. The firefighters served spaghetti, salad, french bread, ice cream, and punch. It was really crowded and looked to be a great success.

Back
Top Bottom