What on the menu Wednesday 7/11/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I want comfort food. Plus I want to go easy on my tooth. I have chicken stock on the stove now. Daughters will be having turkey burgers. Hub will probably have soup.

We're having breaded fried pork chops and a fresh corn off the cob dish with bacon/green onions/red bell pepper/fresh basil/lime juice. SC will make us some spinach salads.

It's National Blueberry Muffin Day. Didn't know it at the time, but this morning Mrs. T and I rode our bikes up to a quiet little beach in Maine, stopping at her favorite bakery to pick up the best blueberry muffins around.

http://www.lilscafe.com/

https://foodimentary.com/2016/07/11/national-blueberry-muffin-day/

It was also baguette baking day at the tenspeed household. Temps were in the mid-70's, so I made a double batch of sandwich size baguettes to restock the freezer. Saved one for dinner.

Dinner was mussels with chorizo and tomatoes (with a baguette to sop up the sauce), green salad on the side.

I threw some vacpacked chunks o'beef I'd found in the freezer into the CP along with some giardiniera, sliced onion and extra carrots.

Comfort food here..Sketty and meat balls..Cesar salad..Chianti..

Attachments

• 36982741_10155491740807401_801918420487503872_n.jpg
    36982741_10155491740807401_801918420487503872_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 134
I'm in NYC, and was hoping to meet buckytom for some Pork Roll, but he wanted something he called Taylor Ham, so we couldn't make it happen.

So, I had a regular ham and cheese wrap that looked better than it tasted.

I go from NY to Florida tomorrow -- I wonder how many times that has happened. :LOL:

CD

The plan was pork chops since they're on sale at the store this week. Alas, they were out of thick cut ones. Since grilling the raincheck wouldn't be as tasty, I decided to be lazy. We had toasted ham and Collier's Welsh Cheddar Cheese (yum!) sandwiches, along with (why does it take me so long to make?) salads.

I'm in NYC, and was hoping to meet buckytom for some Pork Roll, but he wanted something he called Taylor Ham, so we couldn't make it happen.

So, I had a regular ham and cheese wrap that looked better than it tasted.

I go from NY to Florida tomorrow -- I wonder how many times that has happened. :LOL:

CD

Taylor's Ham is pork roll !

Cover your head Joey, and prepare to be attacked. :LOL:

Naw, I'll cut him some slack. He's from Montana. I'm not sure about buckytom, those "Taylor Ham" people can get pretty mean.

CD

Last edited:
Comfort food.
Homemade chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano.

Chicken soup 07112018IMG_4524.jpg

Well, it was either tortilla pizza or okonomiyaki. Even with slicing all the toppings, the tortilla pizza just seemed easier. It doesn’t require flipping. Plus I got to put all the ingredients Mark hates on my “pizzada.” Anchovies and olives! It came out splendidly, and it was gone in about three minutes.

Another late shift tomorrow, so the okonomiyaki will probably have to wait til Friday.

What I really wanted was a couple of slices from my favorite local pizza place. I get there though, and it turns out they’re only open until 8pm! A pizza joint that’s only open until eight? What’s up with that? Especially in “the city that never sleeps!”

Was supposed to be Hog Roast in the town park last night, starting at 6 PM, but they were having problems and they announced it would not be until 8 PM. Soooo, being as how I go to bed by 9 during the work week, Mom, Dad, Niece and I went to our favorite restaurant. The food was excellent as always, the food service, quite frankly, sucked.

I had a grilled salmon salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette that was superb.

Dad asked for butter - didn't get, fruit bowl as his side - didn't get, he also spent most of our dinner with an empty Iced Tea glass and when we asked for to go boxes, they never showed up. Dad got up to ask for the boxes and the server was coming towards him with the check - sans boxes. It was not even busy, 5 tables in a restaurant that has over 20 tables. First time in 57 years I ever saw my Dad not leave a tip.

The plan was pork chops since they're on sale at the store this week. Alas, they were out of thick cut ones. Since grilling the raincheck wouldn't be as tasty, I decided to be lazy. We had toasted ham and Collier's Welsh Cheddar Cheese (yum!) sandwiches, along with (why does it take me so long to make?) salads.

I could and probably would, have a salad every meal...if... I didn't have to make them.. That and they just don't turn out as good as when someone else makes them..:wacko:

My SIL makes salads in no time and they are always delicious.. I tried to talk him into stopping by here on his way home from work each day but, he isn't going for it.. :ermm:

Ross

Ross, I don't like making dinner salads either, but love to eat them nearly daily. I love that SC took over that job so I can concentrate on the rest of the meal. Maybe Jeannie would enjoy doing the same?

Back
Top Bottom