What should i bake today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
here ya go sarah! :D

Irish Cream & Coffee Pound Cake
Southern Living 20th Anniversary Edition Annual Recipes Cookbook

I was just at a Southern Living demonstration party. That was the cheescake platter party. Anyway, I bought some nice candles for my Mom and a cool Christmas (or as my Godson says, "Crimmus") cookbook for me. I dig cookbooks. Have I mentioned I think a cookbook forum would ROCK here?

Still waiting on the delivery of my stuff.

Should be cool.

OK, I'm gonna go.

Bye.

RJ

Sara Mounton made a really great sounding French apple tart that was nothing more than the crust in a fluted pan, geographically cut and placed apple slices into the unbaked crust, and brush with warmed appricot jam and baked. It reallly is something I want to try, but she used yellow delicious which I do not like, so I will use granny smith. Maybe this is a good use for the cloudberry jam, LEFSElover.

I saw that just last night!!!!!!!!!! It looked GREAT!!! Yea, I would use Granny Smith too - tart with the sweet apricot jam!!!!! YUM - It was ALL about the placement wasn't it? The center looked like it was "blooming", especially after she listed the edges a little.

kitchenelf said:
I saw that just last night!!!!!!!!!! It looked GREAT!!! Yea, I would use Granny Smith too - tart with the sweet apricot jam!!!!! YUM - It was ALL about the placement wasn't it? The center looked like it was "blooming", especially after she listed the edges a little.

She called it a rose, and it rather looked like it. If you or anyone want to catch it, it was for the Thanksgiving event. I really like the rustic type deserts.

Back
Top Bottom