"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Senior Cook

What should I do?

First let me say hello. I have never posted on a message board before, so I am looking forward to this. Cooking is my passion, and I LOVE to cook diffrent pasta dishes.

Ok, here is my problem. Tonight I made a Italian Chicken Soup. My family all came over. My wife never made it to the store, so we didn't have chicken cutlets. We ALWAYS do. So, I made a nice big tomatoe olive oil salad, cut up some mozz cheese and Supersata. No one touched anything but the soup. Well, that's not true. My father ate everything, as did my daughter. As for the other 5 people, nothing.

I am really upset here. How boring are people? Just soup? No one eats tomatoes? No one likes cheese? I can see the supersata because that is a culter food, but tomatoe salad? How frecken boring!!

Should I be as upset?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
Cook

Sorry, had to laugh at this "problem".

I learned early on that taking things to personally when it comes to cooking and differences in your tastes and others is just a waste of time.

Look at it this way, EVERYONE enjoyed your soup.

Also, welcome to DC.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
It was nice of you to have the family over for dinner. Were there kids of varying ages? Maybe they were looking forward to one of your famous pasta dishes?

Did you ask for feedback? Try not to be offended unless someone gives you a specific reason to be. :)
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
First, when you say Supersata are you talking about the dry-aged sausage Soprassata?

Secondly, they loved your soup! That's good!!!! It just leaves more tomatoes and soprassata for us - give me directions, I'm coming over!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
First, when you say Supersata are you talking about the dry-aged sausage Soprassata?

Secondly, they loved your soup! That's good!!!! It just leaves more tomatoes and soprassata for us - give me directions, I'm coming over!!!!!
ROFL!!!! Thank you!! Are you in PA? Btw, yes, dry aged and HOME MADE.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
No - but I think the sausage and tomatoes will last until I do get there...well, the sausage anyway - I have to work tomorrow, well...and Wednesday we're having a wine dinner with a wine "guru" from Austria, I have to work on Thursday too...and Friday - but like I said - the sausage will still be awesome!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC!! Maybe you shouldn't make such good soup!!! LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #8
Head Chef

So you have a keeper recipe! Great and welcome to DC.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaKing View Post
First let me say hello. I have never posted on a message board before, so I am looking forward to this. Cooking is my passion, and I LOVE to cook diffrent pasta dishes.

Ok, here is my problem. Tonight I made a Italian Chicken Soup. My family all came over. My wife never made it to the store, so we didn't have chicken cutlets. We ALWAYS do. So, I made a nice big tomatoe olive oil salad, cut up some mozz cheese and Supersata. No one touched anything but the soup. Well, that's not true. My father ate everything, as did my daughter. As for the other 5 people, nothing.

I am really upset here. How boring are people? Just soup? No one eats tomatoes? No one likes cheese? I can see the supersata because that is a culter food, but tomatoe salad? How frecken boring!!

Should I be as upset?
Well, I'd sure be upset. I'b be annoyed no end. Let me ask you something, and by the way WELCOME {{{{{PK}}}}}. Be honest here, did it look appetizing? I ask because we eat with our eyes first. If it looks like poo on a plate, then that dictates how much of it we want to put in our mouths. I am sorry for your angst.

I did a dinner once, a hundred years ago, for the guy that sang at our wedding and his wife. We were 20 as were they. I am, and even was then, the best cook I know. It was a dinner right out of a masterful restaurant, lamb shis kabobs on the grill, marinated for 24 hours in everything you can imagine, potatoes from heaven, veggies to die for, a salad that was unbelieveable, home made bread, cocktails before, wine before, appetizers, German chocolate cake from scratch. They said not one word. My husband told me how wonderful dinner was and it was. But our guests went to bed saying only, ''thanks for dinner." I was so sad. Woke up the next morning, they'd spent the night, and left early, as was planned. The note taped to my O'Keefe and Merritt stove said it all. They were exstatic over dinner and words couldn't say properly how they felt or the work that I'd put into it. So, you just never know.

I am sure your meal was wonderful, heck, next time, invite me over.......................and............ ........I'll help!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
A thought, since my daughter recently swore off pepperoni after a science class. Is it possible that they know how soprasatta is made and that whole homemade process might just psych them out a little?

Focus on the positive, they adored your soup. It's a great day! :)