What Sup? Tuesday the 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's cold (in the 50s) and rainy and has been all week. It's time for soup. I see I have all the ingredients for some Tom Yum Gai so that's the menu. I'm feeling energetic enough to make a loaf of bread to go with it.

What Sup for you?

There is a pile of leftovers in the fridge so its either that or salmon with roasted red pepper sauce. I'm kind of leaning toward the salmon.

I snagged some boneless, skinless chicken thighs yesterday for next to nothing--95 cents for 8 of them. They are dated today, so I'm doing Korean-style chicken thighs inspired by this recipe:

The Cookbook Junkie: Yet another awesome stir-fry

I will make brown rice and serve it on that. I might make a spicy oil-vinegar coleslaw to go with it. Not sure yet. No dessert--I don't have time to make ice cream and that is about the only "sweet" I eat.

I grilled some pork chops yesterday for dinner with the idea that I would be sending some left overs with Kathleen over the next couple days. She said we should have them for dinner again tonight so that's what we are having. An ear of corn and a salad will finish it out. I pulled a head of romaine from the garden today.

Using up leftover steak so either fajitas or steak-n-pepper pizza. Same basic ingredients (think sliced steak, sauteed peppers and onions). I may make a small pizza for me and then leave the rest for each one to decide.

Chicken wings are swimming around in a a quick marinade, and a foil package of chopped reds is waiting to go on the grill. Lettuce and sliced veggies salad with blue cheese crumbles. Ice tea. And some vanilla ice cream for later.

Our supper was a little odd. We are running a little low on food (still have enough meat and vegetables, but we are getting down to some boring choices). I took a package of chicken leg-quarters out of the freezer, but a friend had bought it for us and it was all frozen solid and it will take a while to defrost in the refrigerator and will be for another night. So for tonight's supper I chopped up about half a package of bacon and fried that. Then I added a large can of green beans to the pan (I drained the fat). That was our main dish, and it was good and actually very filling. We had "can shaped" jellied cranberry sauce with it. Later we will have some fruit and yogurt with some chia seeds.

Last edited:
Today is the first nice day I've had in days. It started out cold and rainy and opened right up, with some teaser gray clouds thrown in just to say hurry up and get the yard mowed.
Anyway, I'm grilling some very hot wings. Seasoned with Penzey's black and red and sauced with a blend of Sriracha and Frank's red hot, with a touch of SBR to thicken.

Back
Top Bottom