What type of person are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When you see something different on a menu what do you think?

• Total voters
Thank you to everyone who participated. I fear I did not explain my question well enough though. I was not so much looking to find out if you were an adventurous eater or if you would try anything once. What I was looking for was do you specifically seek those things out.

If you are in a restaurant and they have your favorite dish, another dish that you have never tried, but sounds really good, and a third dish that seems to be a weird combination of flavors, would you get your favorite, try something safe but new, or try the item that on paper seems a bit weird but you want to give it a shot anyway.

It depends on my mood. I'll try the funky stuff on the menu, sometimes just to gross out the people I'm eating dinner with. Usually I wind up liking it anyway. I've actually managed to convert a few friends to "I'll try it even if it sounds weird" people. :cool:

While I answered to the "I gotta try it", I am a bit cautious, as well. I get to try all sorts of new things at work, and I do like trying new things as well.

I think most people on a cookery site would be ones who would try new things on menus. The results for this poll would likely be different on a site for other interests.

Mel

Trying new things is a good thing.... and I love the saying, don't knock it til you have tried it. So I will pretty much try anything once, then pass judgement as to if it will remain in my life long menu!!!

:)I dont mind tasting but I wont order a whole dish unless ingredients sound good.Im pretty good at imagining taste combinations.

I will usually try new items unless it has something I really don't like...candied gnat intestines for instance.

Many, many, many moons ago when I was in high school our history teacher Ms Rutlege had us try foods from different countries. If we atleast put them in our mouths we would get a passing grade. Needless to say my figure has never, well until now, ;) been the same!!! Yes, I will try any food once, some even more than once!

If you are in a restaurant and they have your favorite dish, another dish that you have never tried, but sounds really good, and a third dish that seems to be a weird combination of flavors, would you get your favorite, try something safe but new, or try the item that on paper seems a bit weird but you want to give it a shot anyway.

In that case (and I do this Regularly) I order what I want to eat (a safe dish) and also a new one, then we would try this between us, and all being well, it`ll be a New Favorite (and that`s happened also).

so yes, I do buy an Extra portion of something new often.

and occasionally I see something on someone elses plate while waiting for the food and ask for some of that too :)

Back
Top Bottom