What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today it was a mushroom, scallion, ham, havarti omelette and hash browns (made from other half of potatoe from last night) and coffee and a cinnamon roll with more coffee. That was really brunch as I did not eat until almost 10:30 so I guess no lunch, but something to snack in mid afternoon unless I am still here on the puter.

We had Breakfast Cookies this morning along with applesauce.

Breakfast Cookies
1/3C. butter or margarine
1/2C. sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2tsp. vanilla
1/2C. flour
1/4tsp. baking soda
1/4tsp. salt
1 1/2C. quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2C. cheese, grated
5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled

Cream butter, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, & salt; stir into creamed mixture. Beat in oatmeal, cheese, & crumbled bacon. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 deg. for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Not very healthy, but I had a slice of an apple pie I baked last night that didn't get finished till late. I was trying the recipe out from someone else after I had problems earlier with watery pies and got several tips as well as a recipe.
I also wanted to get a pic taken, as I take pics of food as a hobby (love my digital camera! :)) I had only got a pic of the whole pie last night. Crust was really nice looking. I used an old recipe I got in a Crisco pamphlet years ago,
Will post either recipe if anyone is interested. :)

Back
Top Bottom