What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks crewsk. i'm gonna try em one mornin. now i just have to find a place this far north that sells grits.

heya mudbug, good morning. how's the new yob in tarjay?

Bucky, if you do find them, just go by the directions on the package. It has been so long since I have measured to make my grits that I could be off a little. If you make them & they are too thick, just add more water. I still have that problem a lot.

Hi, breakfast club members. It went OK, I guess. Only 30 minutes for lunch so I ate a burrito in the car (I will be bringing lunch from now on). After sitting on my butt for the last month chattering with you all I am dreadfully out of shape for being on my feet all day. Went to bed at 8:30 last night, tried to read and the book fell out of my hands after about 5 minutes.

It's good to see you mudbug! I'm glad things went good for you, but sorry to hear you were so tired last night. Hopefully it won't take you too long to get back in the swing of things! :D

I can see that I will miss being here as often as I was, crewsk. Takes too long to read everything and catch up! Give me about a week to get used to the new routine and maybe I won't be so sluggish and stupid. Gotta leave shortly and get a bunch of stuff done on my "day off."

don't laugh at me TOO much, okay?
i had one of those 'little hugs' in the plastic bottle with a foil lid. know what drinks i mean?
to the cat-owners out there:
these are lovely for reducing the # of spillages from cats tipping your drink over!
there is minimal spillage if you just poke a very small hole in the lid; forks work for opening up one of those but i have found out very recently that more spillage ensues if you open them with a fork instead of something like a thumbnail.

buckytom said:
left over kung pao chicken, mixed with rice. couldn't wait to try out my new rice bowls and chopsticks.

I also had leftover kung pao chicken for breakfast on Sunday. Have fun with your new rice bowls. Every time I go to a crafts fair I buy a new bowl to eat either soups or asian dishes out of.

SierraCook said:
buckytom said:
left over kung pao chicken, mixed with rice. couldn't wait to try out my new rice bowls and chopsticks.

I also had leftover kung pao chicken for breakfast on Sunday. Have fun with your new rice bowls. Every time I go to a crafts fair I buy a new bowl to eat either soups or asian dishes out of.

hey sierrac, i got a really nice sushi and rice bowl set from dw for my birfday. they're really cool, handmade in japan. we eat sushi/sashimi so often it was a really nice idea for a present.
it's funny what you said about craft fairs. we go to a lot of them this time of year. our house is jammed with dried flower arrangements and all kinds of knick knacks and ceramics. we need a bigger house just for that stuff, lol.

I made my grandmother's buttermilk waffles in my heart shaped waffler and ate them with sourcream and marrionberry jam, coffee and 1/2 red grapefruit. As a snack a couple of hours later, I had a repeat of the same only with a cold waffle.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

I made my grandmother's buttermilk waffles in my heart shaped waffler and ate them with sourcream and marrionberry jam, coffee and 1/2 red grapefruit. As a snack a couple of hours later, I had a repeat of the same only with a cold waffle.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

buckytom said:
SierraCook said:
buckytom said:

hey sierrac, i got a really nice sushi and rice bowl set from dw for my birfday. they're really cool, handmade in japan. we eat sushi/sashimi so often it was a really nice idea for a present.
it's funny what you said about craft fairs. we go to a lot of them this time of year. our house is jammed with dried flower arrangements and all kinds of knick knacks and ceramics. we need a bigger house just for that stuff, lol.

Yes, you can go quite crazy at craft fairs. The last one I went to my friend and I barely made it past the first row and we had to go back to the car to dump off packages. :LOL:

lol, sierracook, you and i are keeping craft fairs alive and kickin'. my wife has learned over the years that the ones that have beergardens, or are on a small town street with a bar, are the best ones for her going home with a lot of stuff. after a few it's "sure honey, that's ridiculously large wreath of dried flowers and rusty crap will look great on the wall over the litterboxes, hiccup..."

i had baked lays tater chips and oj for brekkie this mornin, btw.

crewsk said:
A pack of cheese on wheat crackers & coffee.

a "pack" of cheese? cheese travels in packs now?!!? are we supposed to seperate and eat the slower, weaker cheeses first?

what 's a pack of cheese?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom