What websites do people visit for recipes/cooking related info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
There seems to be a lot of online resources out there for recipes. I am wondering which ones people find the most helpful. My favorite site is bhg.com. The site was just re-designed and the "food & recipe" section is super user-friendly and has a wealth of material. My biggest problem when it comes to cooking is creativity. Searching bhg.com has helped provides me with original ideas and helps me think outside of the box so that I don't recreate the same dish every other night! An example would be this open-faced meatloaf sandwich. It's simple and delicious
Meatloaf Open-Facers

Hi Ironsides,

If you look at the top dark blue bar click on Cooking Links - those are some favorite sites that have been brought to our attention..

I really like allrecipes.com. It's nice and interacitve with videos, notes and above all I know what to expect out of a dish because of the reviews that people post :)

I go to recipegoldmine, allrecipes, ichef, chef2chef (not registered for their forum, though), foodnetwork, and I've just started browsing through bhg and epicurious.

The BBC has some great recipes, including one of the best ever strawberry puddings, which I saw made on live tv and was so good the chef and the presenters couldn't stop eating it to give their links...lol. I tend to check what is TNT here at DC because over time I have got to learn that some poepl cook in a way I really like and if they have posted something I'll use it as a starting point. I think thats the bonus of being part of a forum like this rather than just usind an online recipe. OTH I will check out the links too ...:)

AllenOK said:
I go to recipegoldmine, allrecipes, ichef, chef2chef (not registered for their forum, though), foodnetwork, and I've just started browsing through bhg and epicurious.

Yeah I have heard of epicurious a few times…I'll check it out. If this is your first time going to bhg.com this website has totally improved. I can't get over how user-friendly it is. I primarily use it for it recipe index but it's also filled with tons of other cool stuff.

Shaheen,
I agree that the recipe reviews posted by different individuals is important when I select a dish. They give me a little more confidence when choosing something that I have never tried to prepare before;)

allrecipes.com and foodnetwork. I like these because of the feedback/rating on the recipes. Those are very helpful. I like to see how others change the basic recipes.

When I first got back to using a computer, I went crazy looking at different sites. Then I found DC, started coming here often and getting to know people.Hearing their ideas and opinions helped me so much. Now, I hadly if ever venture to another food site...If I can't find it here and see what my friends here have to say about it, I pretty much just do it and hope for the best. Here, when I ask how was it, I get an answer NOW, plus some friendly help and a smile...:)

kadesma

Epicurious is AWESOME!
Recipeezaar
FoodTV
...and here of course but for the same and different reasons.

I love the feedback of the other sites i.e., ratings, etc. Here, it's because of the recipes that are contributed and then we meet the people behind the recipes.

Those are definitely my favs.

Last edited:
kadesma said:
When I first got back to using a computer, I went crazy looking at different sites. Then I found DC, started coming here often and getting to know people.Hearing their ideas and opinions helped me so much. Now, I hadly if ever venture to another food site...If I can't find it here and see what my friends here have to say about it, I pretty much just do it and hope for the best. Here, when I ask how was it, I get an answer NOW, plus some friendly help and a smile...:)

kadesma

Same here! It's one of the thibgs that I really enjoy and appreciate about DC:)

my favorite

I like allrecipes.com. Especially the reviews. Although not that long ago, I looked on there "new" list and saw one that I thought would be good. It only had 1 review on it. I don't usually like doing that. But it was wicked good!! and I gave it to a friend who liked it so much she made it 3 times within a week in a half "lol". I like to do google searches and search for recipes that I feel safe to try. It's like I have a knack sometimes for finding good sites with good recipes.

Forgot to mention Food Network. I go there a lot as well. So . . . Legend, do tell us about that "wicked good" recipe @ allrecipes.com!

recipe

It's right here:

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs - Allrecipes

I used boneless chix breasts though, cut thin.

Also: this was my review. My friend ended up making 2 batches and poured one over the cooked chicken at the end. She also marinated it overnight.

My review, also posted on there:::

It was very good and I'll make it again. I did something a little different though. I cooked chix on the stove for 4 minutes each side to sear it. i than marinated it and than threw it all in the oven on 350 for 1/2 hour or so. I scaled it down to 2 people but put a little extra ranch dressing in it. Next time, I might marinade it in the refrigerator before searing it for awhile. It's a keeper in our house.

Back
Top Bottom