What will/have you eaten Sunday 11/18/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight may be marinated flank steak, tomato, onion & mozzarella salad. Not sure if there will be a carb.

whole grained rye bread with cream cheese and sliced marinaded olives. A bowl of green beans, crashed potatoes, mushrooms in white sauce.

We are planning on scrounging leftovers and possibly sandwiches of some sort. We are still fairly full from the brunch buffet.

whole grained rye bread with cream cheese and sliced marinaded olives. A bowl of green beans, crashed potatoes, mushrooms in white sauce.

I love cream cheese and green olives.

I love cream cheese and green olives.
I used to frequent a resto called Café Santropol. The made a great sandwich called a "Northern Lights", with cream cheese, chopped green olives, and chopped pecans as the spread and a slice of ham for the non-vegetarians. Really yummy with or without the ham.

Chicken wings from a knock.off recipe from a local small chain of Italian skewed sports bars. Marinated in rosemary, lots of garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Served with caramelized onions and focaccia at the restaurants.

They bake them in their coal fired pizza ovens, but Craig used coals and pecan wood and cooked them on the rotisserie. I did caramelize some onions, but I made spicy Cajun potato salad to.go with.

Gooey butter toffee cake for desert tonight.

Attachments

• 2018-11-18 17.53.14.jpg
    2018-11-18 17.53.14.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 126
I used to frequent a resto called Café Santropol. The made a great sandwich called a "Northern Lights", with cream cheese, chopped green olives, and chopped pecans as the spread and a slice of ham for the non-vegetarians. Really yummy with or without the ham.

I make cream cheese and green olive "poppers". Cream cheese molded around stuffed green olive then rolled in chopped walnuts. I bought some Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds I was going to try roling a few in chopped almonds. I think I'll try rolling some in chopped pecans also. Thanks for the idea.

I made a chicken pot pie with biscuit tops and oven roasted the remaining carrots that didn't go in the casserole. That'll be dinner tomorrow as well.

Oven roasted baby back ribs, BBQ beans and tossed salad.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_53c9.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_53c9.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 177
I make cream cheese and green olive "poppers". Cream cheese molded around stuffed green olive then rolled in chopped walnuts. I bought some Blue Diamond smokehouse almonds I was going to try roling a few in chopped almonds. I think I'll try rolling some in chopped pecans also. Thanks for the idea.
I'm glad you like the idea. Thanks for your idea of rolling it up in chopped nuts, so you can pick them up to eat them. I usually use chopped walnut because it is usually lots less expensive than pecans.

i'm glad you like the idea. Thanks for your idea of rolling it up in chopped nuts, so you can pick them up to eat them. I usually use chopped walnut because it is usually lots less expensive than pecans.

42FF98B7-B56A-4AA6-9216-CF9FA8C7B4DF.jpeg

2A56D78A-9E4B-44BB-8597-7B340454664F.jpg

Nice looking dinners. Andy, your rib plate reminded me that I have a rack of St. Lou ribs in the freezer. Need to make them soon.

I've been jonesing for mac-and-cheese. Got all the ingredients on hand, then decided I had no room for any leftovers - and I want to make a lot so I can run some up the hill to my SIL. Instead, we almost finished all the leftovers. I cleaned out the pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes and sauteed up the last zucchini. Himself valiantly tried to finish the chicken enchiladas and beans and rice, but there was more than he could handle. I think I'll hold out on the mac-and-cheese until Wednesday. Instead, I'll make something tomorrow that will generate enough leftovers to add to what is there for Tuesday's supper. :D What, don't you ever have "planned leftovers? :LOL:

We've had them so frequently that Himself has asked me where the "Leftovers" department is in the grocery store! He swears I must buy them. I insist that his memory never remembers them the first time.

BTW, welcome to D.C., iamvics. I hope you enjoy it here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom