What would you like to use/eat more of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
What food item(s) you would like to use in your cooking had they been a little more convenient to obtain? (cost-wise, availability-geographical or seasonal etc.)

I would looooove to feast on regular basis on...

porcini mushrooms
truffle mushrooms
fresh wild strawberries
fresh blueberries, or just about any type of berries!
avocado (they are rather costly in italy!)
100% pure maple syrup
scallops
lobsters...

Well I am sure I am forgetting something more but if I think of them I will add to it!!

It must be getting late over there...lol.. you're as hooked on this site as we all are. Isn't it great???

I just wish the produce was nicer at the stores around here. It's never
as fresh as I'd like it to be.

And... I wish that the powers that be could make a wonderful tasting, fat free, sugar free vanilla bean ice cream.

Any kind of fresh berry, year round
Whole vanilla beans (rather than having to substitute pure extract since beans are SO expensive)
Organic meat (tough to get locally unless we want to drive a couple hours away)
Really fresh organic produce, year round
I'd buy organic milk if it were more affordable but I drink so much it's too expensive
Super high-quality chocolate for baking (again, a matter of $$)

I'd love to get my hands on some truffles

more good fresh just caught lobster and large prawns
more time and be closer to Napa-Sonoma to indulge in all the goodies...
good chocolate
someone to teach me to use my mandoline as it sits staring at me unused..
year round strawberries or any berry for that matter
good juicy beef
one of those large professional stoves, I would give anything for one.. and a much larger kitchen, so I could have a marble space to use for baking and a huge table we all could fit around at one time, instead of two tables, ahhh dreams of things to be:rolleyes:
kadesma

I could always do with more chocolate!
I'm with PA on the organic meat and Kaylinda with the watermelon
As a New Mexican, I love hatch green chile, but it's hard to come by anywhere but in NM.
More seafood (DH doesn't like it so I don't cook it)
Scottish sweets
berries

hmm...there will be more to come, I'm sure

I, for one, would love to have a good supply of Tuna Steaks on hand, as well as lots of crab and lobster.

pdswife said:
It must be getting late over there...lol.. you're as hooked on this site as we all are. Isn't it great???

I just wish the produce was nicer at the stores around here. It's never
as fresh as I'd like it to be.

And... I wish that the powers that be could make a wonderful tasting, fat free, sugar free vanilla bean ice cream.

I know... one of the great thing about shopping groceries here is that vegetable/fruits markets are so common, they are brought straight from the farm, much fresher and also cost less. Now those days when I bought produces in the supermarkets seem such a long time ago... I hope this practice would be more spread also in the US!! (I have been one in pennsylvania though)
Licia:chef:

PA Baker said:
Any kind of fresh berry, year round
Whole vanilla beans (rather than having to substitute pure extract since beans are SO expensive)
Super high-quality chocolate for baking (again, a matter of $$)
VANILLA BEANS!! GOOD CALL!! I love making ice cream from the real beans, it is just not the same thing, you would never think of a word like "PLAIN vanilla"... it is one of the most heavenly thing you would ever taste!!
And yes, I could also use more of the Lindt choc from switzerland!!

Last edited:
Yummmmieeeee!! I always liked the walkers shortbreads too, one day I will try my hand at making some myself!!

Yessss!! The recipe looks definetely right on!! I will go get some extra butter tomorrow and get on with it!! Thanx for the tip corazon, and thanx Ishbel for the brilliant recipe!!

Back
Top Bottom