What would you order here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, geebs, does it look like you are going for seafood, meat? What? What are you going to have with it? Red, white, sparkling? Tell us - we MUST know! lol:chef:

Thanks everyone!

OK here is what I am thinking...

Affettati Misti
Selection of Cured Meats

Insalata agli Agrumi
Citrus Segments, Shaved Fennel and Mint

Risotto
Spicy Crab Risotto with Tomato, Basil and Mint

Capesante
Day Boat Scallops with Caperberries and Meyer Lemon

Radicchio Trevisano alla Griglia
Grilled Radicchio di Treviso

FORMAGGI
Assagio dei Formaggi

Torrone Semifreddo
Frozen Hazelnut Nougat Mousse with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce

DW is probably going top nix a few items, but maybe I can talk her into not nixing too many :)

I think (shudder) I am going to pass on the wine since she can not have any right now. I know she would not mind me having some, but I don't want to do that to her.

I plan on being there for quite a few hours!!!

Wow, Happy Anniversary to you both! That spicy crab risotto with tomato and basil sounds really good. Eat one of these for me LOL, Crostata di Pera e Mandorle

img_453441_0_c923a75d85c051b6c4f6923acc21d1a1.gif

GB said:
Thanks everyone!

OK here is what I am thinking...

Affettati Misti
Selection of Cured Meats

Insalata agli Agrumi

Risotto

Capesante

FORMAGGI
Assagio dei Formaggi

Torrone Semifreddo

DW is probably going top nix a few items, but maybe I can talk her into not nixing too many :)

I think (shudder) I am going to pass on the wine since she can not have any right now. I know she would not mind me having some, but I don't want to do that to her.

I plan on being there for quite a few hours!!!
forget New Orleans, can I come please, I promise to behave:LOL:

GB said:
Affettati Misti
Selection of Cured Meats

Insalata agli Agrumi

Risotto

Capesante

FORMAGGI
Assagio dei Formaggi

Torrone Semifreddo

We pretty much did this menu with a few small changes. Instead of the crab risotto we opted for a second antipasti. We got the:

Arancini
Fried Saffron Risotto Balls filled with Prosciutto and Fontina

Those were amazing. I think I will try to make something like that at home someday. It would be well worth it.

Since we didn't get the risotto for our primi we decided to go with one of IC's suggestions and get the:

Tagliatelle di Farro
Farro Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower, Golden Raisins and Pine Nuts

That was fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion IC. It had a spicy kick to it that was very pleasant with the sweetness of the golden raisins. The raisins just had a hint of sweetness though so for those that don't like sweet with their savory they would have been fine with this dish. DW is not a fan of cauliflower, but this dish might have changed her mind.

In addition to the Radicchio we also got the grilled asparagus. It was done just the way I like it. The radicchio my wife had never had before and she was not crazy about it, but by the time she got to it she was pretty full anyway.

DW got the pork. For those that had picked this, you would not have been disappointed. It was simply amazing. To say it was full of flavor would be an understatement. I have never had pork like this before. It was outstanding.

My scallops were fantastic as well. They were huge and succulent and cooked perfectly. The came out in a cast iron dish, but the scallops were sitting on top of an amazing piece of crusty bread, so they were not continuing to cook. There were caper berries and onions as well. I thought the onions would be a weird combo with the scallops, but they were not. The scallops were some of the largest I have ever seen. I could not be happier with them. Then after those were gone, the bread had soaked up all the amazing flavors of the scallops and onions so that was delicious to eat.

I did end up having a glass of wine. DW convinced me I should. I am not a wine guy so I can't tell you what it was, but I can tell you it was peppery and delicious.

We ended up skipping desert as we just did not have any room left. The cheese platter sounded amazing, but it would have been a waste. We decided that we will come back again and get some wine and cheese at the very minimum.

The service was excellent, but the one minor complaint (and it isn't even really a complaint) is that they were so fast. There was no break between courses with the exception of going from primi to secondi. That had a small break. It would have been a little nicer to have a 5-10 minute break between the other courses as well. Even at that we were there for about 2 hours, which was 2 hours of adult time that we cherished.

We found out that this restaurant was just written up as one of the places that chefs go to eat when they are done working. Another place is a little diner that we have always loved. We are going there now for breakfast. This is a good eating weekend :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom