What y'all making for the Super Bowl today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think you missed it... it looks like you're here.

Lots of people cooking today, well, except for PF. She's buying shoes :LOL:

I got them, too! And pants and jackets. Kitchen gadgets and knives and a side trip to Costco. I was out for 4 hours!

We just finished off some chicken tortilla soup.:pig:

No football fans here, so we watched the original "The Karate Kid," and are now watching "The Karate Kid, Part II." We had a nice lunch at our local Mexican restaurant this afternoon. I took a round steak out to make Swiss steak for supper, but I just had no desire to cook tonight. By mutual consent, we ended up with cheese sandwiches. Looks like Swiss steak tomorrow. :cool:

:)Barbara

i don't watch sports at all. now before you say i am un american consider this. i spent 25 years with a man that would have watched tiddle winks with man hole covers. lol. if it had a ball in it he watched. so i don't care to see any of it. played on line most of the day . mostly at yahoo reading all the responses to the mess in egypt.

i don't watch sports at all. now before you say i am un american consider this. i spent 25 years with a man that would have watched tiddle winks with man hole covers. lol. if it had a ball in it he watched. so i don't care to see any of it. played on line most of the day . mostly at yahoo reading all the responses to the mess in egypt.

*reads and gasps* Mom? Is that you? :LOL:

Seriously, my father is the same way. I grew up hating sports and have grown to appreciate it. I like to watch until the rest of the audience grows ugly. Then I have to go elsewhere or avoid.

My mother would watch as long as there was food or drink in her hand at all times, and requests would not go ignored. "Cotton candy?" "Yes, dear." "Hot dog?" "Yes, dear." heehee

No football fans here, so we watched the original "The Karate Kid," and are now watching "The Karate Kid, Part II." We had a nice lunch at our local Mexican restaurant this afternoon. I took a round steak out to make Swiss steak for supper, but I just had no desire to cook tonight. By mutual consent, we ended up with cheese sandwiches. Looks like Swiss steak tomorrow. :cool:

:)Barbara

And I'm watching "Kung Fu Panda"...:ROFLMAO:

Solely coincidental to it being Superbowl - cooked short ribs rubbed with paprika, garlic powder and coriander, then marinated in a mix of Worcestershire, soy, apple cider vinegar, ketchup and chutney. Turned out lovely!

Jalapeño poppers, taquitos and homemade beer for appetizers during the game and Nachos with guacamole and sour cream following that.
It was comical here, as instead of getting up to do things in the kitchen during commercials, we were watching the commercials and jumping up when the game came back on. Unfortunately there wasn't enough game for me to have time to make the famous lemon cake Lol!!
Maybe give it a try tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

*reads and gasps* Mom? Is that you? :LOL:

Seriously, my father is the same way. I grew up hating sports and have grown to appreciate it. I like to watch until the rest of the audience grows ugly. Then I have to go elsewhere or avoid.

My mother would watch as long as there was food or drink in her hand at all times, and requests would not go ignored. "Cotton candy?" "Yes, dear." "Hot dog?" "Yes, dear." heehee

I know how you feel Babeto, we are too much alike. I swear my X would watch organized televised picking your nose if there was such a thing. I came to detest it, but I did watch the game tonight. I am not a follower of televised sports, but the big game I did watch.

KathleenA- are you the daughter I didn't know I had?? :LOL:

I had one of those! I even used to say "He'd watch tiddly winks if that's all that's on.":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry I'm Late!:( We made some Thai ribs and Thai noodle salad both recipes are from BA mags, from last year. The ribs recipe needs some adjustment as it was really salty (from soy sauce). You live and you learn to adjust!;)

Pre garnish ribs
76465-s-0.jpg

Salad
76466-s-0.jpg

After Garnish
Ribs
76467-s-0.jpg

Salad
76464-s-0.jpg

Craig

I have a man who doesn't like to watch any stick and ball games, but we have a son who likes football, and we watch one game a year (the super bowl). I'm not sure if I choose wisely, or if I got lucky. We do watch formula one racing though.

Back
Top Bottom