What y'all making for the Super Bowl today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are going to someone's house, and wanted to make homemade pizza and take along, but the pizza has already been purchased for half time. In stead, I am bring a dip for the first half! I browned two pounds of lean hamburger and added two cups of enchlada sauce. To that I added 8oz of cream cheese and 8oz of cheddar. That and a bag of chips, and we are all set. The dip actually turned out pretty good for something so simple! Still...the place to be seems to be with Big Al. We all should have planned ahead!:LOL:

We had family here yesterday after our grandaughters baptism. So today is quiet and just the two of us. Leftovers, fried chicken, chinese chicken salad, chips and salsa, fresh fruit and lemon cake. Happy to be on sofa watching. Guess i am for the Packers.

Sunday, 2/6/2011, Whats cooking?

Did I miss the sunday dinner thread?

My pork loin didn't thaw in time so we had a replay of chicken soup over brown rice.

Anyone cooking food today?

Yep, I'm working on a supper for myself to have during the Super Bowl. I have some turkey smoked sausage sliced thinly, some green pepper and onion sliced. I'm going to saute in olive oil, toast a couple of small rolls, pile it on and put under the broiler w/ some mozzarella. I am making up a marinara in a skillet right now to drizzle on top. (Sauteed garlic, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes w/ basil, oregano and garlic.)

Did I miss the sunday dinner thread?

My pork loin didn't thaw in time so we had a replay of chicken soup over brown rice.

Anyone cooking food today?

I don't think you missed it... it looks like you're here.

Lots of people cooking today, well, except for PF. She's buying shoes :LOL:

Yep, I'm working on a supper for myself to have during the Super Bowl. I have some turkey smoked sausage sliced thinly, some green pepper and onion sliced. I'm going to saute in olive oil, toast a couple of small rolls, pile it on and put under the broiler w/ some mozzarella. I am making up a marinara in a skillet right now to drizzle on top. (Sauteed garlic, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes w/ basil, oregano and garlic.)

Here's the finished product....a BIG keeper!:chef: I' might need some Mylanta in a while, but it was good.

P.S. Didn't go out and get any beer...:mad:

Attachments

• SD533071.jpg
    SD533071.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 177
Beef stew, 'cause it's just that kind of weather. Unfortunately, the DH used up the last of the onions, so I will have to use onion powder.

They are cupcakes I bought from the grocery store that have plastic footballs on em....

Cause someone whined about wanting asked for cake....

Watching half time show now, trying to figure out all the performers lit up with lights. Whata show! Just DH and me here and neither one of us care for football but there's something unAmerican about not having it on.;)

I'll be making taco's. I like to fry my own corn tortilla shells the way my Mama did.
Wish we were at BigAl's !!!

No one here watches super bowl. I have forest gump on and hub asked me to DVR the Puppy Bowl!! LOL

Must say I'm stuffed! The ribz turned out perfect.
Hubby was quite impressed with all the tailgate food.
He lives for smoked sausages. They are still eating!
Have no idea where they manage to put it all.

Back
Top Bottom