Whatcha cooking on Monday, 1-8-18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
DW went for a big procedure at the dentist today, so she asked me to make something soft for dinner. She can't eat anything too crunchy or stringy or seedy for a while.

So, I made soba noodles in homemade dashi and steamed shrimp shu mai for everyone, and baked shrimp tempura for my boy and I.

Finishing the PPot roast and some sliced ham.. Steamed veggies and I made a PPot potato salad..(That was easy)

Apple pie and ice cream for later..

Ross

DW went for a big procedure at the dentist today, so she asked me to make something soft for dinner. She can't eat anything too crunchy or stringy or seedy for a while.

So, I made soba noodles in homemade dashi and steamed shrimp shu mai for everyone, and baked shrimp tempura for my boy and I.

Aren't you nice making her food after trauma like dental work. Mashed potatoes with gravy, even canned gravy will do. Ice cream. Yogurt with blended fruit. Apple sauce, pear sauce. Canned noodle soups are all over processed, so soft. We've done special preparatory shopping, just for soft food if we have dental work. Because even if you have aching pain for days on end, it is hard not to laugh through the tears when eating ice cream, 'you poor thing, how is that ice cream?'.

I made my usual french dressing, which is red, with tomato, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, paprika, whole onion, sugar and it needed 'something more' so I put in three little packets of 'truly orange', and it's good. It's got a fresh orange/tomato tang. It's for eating contaminated romaine and ice burg lettuce w/cucumbers and tomatoes.

That sounds so good Bucky!

It's pouring down rain today and it's bound to cause mud slides from the terrible Thomas fire. We will be fine where we are though.

Anyway, it's been a good day for a pot on the stove. I'm making Posole, and pretty much using GG's recipe with a couple changes. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/posole-verde-green-pork-and-hominy-stew-85123.html
I added a green bell pepper and also pan toasted coriander and cumin seeds. I used dried hominy after soaking it overnight and I like it a lot better than the canned hominy, but it was hard to find even here.
It's sure smelling good, and a flavor taste test tells me we have a winner here. :yum:

I researched baked potato and bacon soup recipes and created a composite recipe for dinner tonight. It was pretty good but I think something is missing. Not sure what.

It's pouring down rain today and it's bound to cause mud slides from the terrible Thomas fire. We will be fine where we are though.

Anyway, it's been a good day for a pot on the stove. I'm making Posole, and pretty much using GG's recipe with a couple changes. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/posole-verde-green-pork-and-hominy-stew-85123.html
I added a green bell pepper and also pan toasted coriander and cumin seeds. I used dried hominy after soaking it overnight and I like it a lot better than the canned hominy, but it was hard to find even here.
It's sure smelling good, and a flavor taste test tells me we have a winner here. :yum:

I'd be a little hessitant to use green pork, myself. :ohmy:

Leftover ham and bean soup for me, tonight. That is the last of the leftovers in my house. Woohoo!

Time to start cooking! :chef:

CD

Dinner is 2 pan fried burgers, tostitos , sour cream onion dip, the kind made with dry soup mix and bean dip made with spiced up refried beans. Coka cola, while watching the last of the college football season bowl games.

P1080057_1.jpg

Bucky....hoping MsBucky feels better very soon. Dental procedures are not fun, especially for foodies. :( Sounds like you've got her covered.

I'm tired, so this afternoon's dinner was a quick and easy one - oven roasted shrimp and asparagus on a sheet pan.

I'd be a little hessitant to use green pork, myself. :ohmy:

Leftover ham and bean soup for me, tonight. That is the last of the leftovers in my house. Woohoo!

Time to start cooking! :chef:

CD
Ha ha. Maybe look at the recipe first. It's green posole as opposed to red posole :rolleyes:

Ha ha. Maybe look at the recipe first. It's green posole as opposed to red posole :rolleyes:

I thought that, maybe, the recipe was written by Dr. Suess, but I just read it, and nothing rhymes. I'm even more confused, now.

Come to think of it, what name rhymes with posole? I do not like green pork and posole, Sam... Lucioni?

CD

Loverly has been in a snit because we refuse to take any money for the Sonata that we are giving her. Goober had another commitment; since he doesn't really like "Melt Bar and Grilled", Loverly took advantage of the situation and took us there on her dime. She had a Korean War Pig, Himself ordered the Cleveland Cheese Steak, and I got the Bushwood Club. At least I was a good girl and had a real veggie instead of fries: cheesy cauliflower with toasted bread crumbs. The sandwiches are HUGE! Each half was almost like a full sandwich; my sandwich stood taller than my hand measures across my knuckles! :ohmy: We each took half of our sandwiches home. I guess we have road food for tomorrow! (PS - At least we were able to put down the tip...)

Attachments

• 20180108_185934.jpg
    20180108_185934.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 20180108_190041.jpg
    20180108_190041.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 129

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom