Whatcha cooking Wednesday 4/6/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I'll start. I pulled a roasting chicken out of the freezer yesterday. I'm going to stuff it with wild rice stuffing and then, about 15 minutes before it is done, I'm going to brush it with homemade marmalade. I think we'll have green beans (yes, there are still green beans in the freezer) and maybe an apple crisp (yes, there are apples in the freezer as well).

I gave my digital camera to my dad--thinking that the one my brother gave me would work--but it doesn't have a card and I am too strapped financially to justify getting a card for it (and am thinking I'll "steal" the camera I gave my dad back--he never uses it).

Last edited:
Beef enchiladas for dinner tonight. I'll make enough sauce to freeze half for another day.

Leftover prime rib and french fries. Maybe I'll make a salad, too.

It's a nice day and we may go out on the Harley for a while, so I put some beef burgundy in the crock-pot. I'll serve it over noodles, with green beans, tossed salad, and iced tea. I'm off to make some lemon curd that we'll have for dessert with meringue kisses floating on top.

I found some great asparagus at the store, had some thinly sliced pork loin in the freezer, spinach that really should go, dried tree ears and canned straw mushrooms. Guess it will be stir-fry!

Tamale pie with cornbread topping. (Just pour the cornbread batter on top and cook according to cornbread instructions. Cooks through fine and doesn't sink into the filling at all.)

Tonight we are having shrimp cocktail,some cream consomme, and pasta with sauteed mushrooms,onion and garlic then dusted with parmesan, small green lettuce, onion, tomato.avocado and chocolate pie.
kades

Looks like mexican night for a lot of us. I decided NOT to cook tonight. So I'll either be picking up Wok Box, or pizza tonight.

Tamale pie with cornbread topping. (Just pour the cornbread batter on top and cook according to cornbread instructions. Cooks through fine and doesn't sink into the filling at all.)
I would love the complete recipe. It sounds YUMMY!!

Bottom round roast (thin coat of EVOO, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, Goya Adobo, garlic & onion powder), mashed potatoes (butter, fresh chives, sour cream, ½ & ½, sea salt and ground peppercorns), steamed carrots & cauliflower (butter and Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute) and burgundy pan gravy.

img_987715_0_0086f73858e53291bbab25f15ac09cd2.jpg

img_987715_1_8080a3a2096361c545d847109665953b.jpg

Here ya go MSM:

Tamale Pie - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

It originally started from the Tamale Pie recipe on the bag inside the Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing box, but had evolved quite a bit since then (the '70s, I think).

I made it a few months back with the ST cornbread stuffing mix, but the flavors just weren't there any more so I went back to my poured cornbread batter trick that comes out so nicely.

It's not spicy, but that's just me. It could be spiced up nicely with some red pepper flakes, green chilies, etc.

Gorgeous roast, by the way!

Last edited:
Here ya go MSM:

Tamale Pie - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

It originally started from the Tamale Pie recipe on the bag inside the Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing box, but had evolved quite a bit since then (the '70s, I think).

I made it a few months back with the ST cornbread stuffing mix, but the flavors just weren't there any more so I went back to my poured cornbread batter trick that comes out so nicely.

It's not spicy, but that's just me. It could be spiced up nicely with some red pepper flakes, green chilies, etc.

Gorgeous roast, by the way!
Thank you Z.

Back
Top Bottom