Whatcha eatin' on National Pizza Day, Feb 9, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I thought I'd get the party started, although I haven't cooked dinner yet. I do have my mise en place mostly done.

Anyone having pizza?

CD

I made some cheese raviolis, penne pasta, sauce, and some homemade garlic bread.

I've been alternating between yard work on this beautiful sunny day, and getting some things done inside. Time got away from me, so I doctored up a can of Progresso lentil soup with a chopped cooked sweet Italian sausage link, and some onions. I had never had Progresso lentil soup before, so threw a can in the shopping cart last week to try it - not bad at all, and hit the spot. :yum: A few saltines on the side. :)

I envy your beautiful weather, Cheryl! Take-out enchiladas indigenous here. Delicious, but they used some really HOT onions! Thankfully we aren't going out tonight and I don't have to breathe on anyone.

Last edited:
With all of the carbonara talk happening, I finally broke down and made some penne with wild boar bacon...

Attachments

• 27939018_10155144576947401_163421375_n.jpg
    27939018_10155144576947401_163421375_n.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 27939289_10155144746572401_1558374023_n.jpg
    27939289_10155144746572401_1558374023_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 146
With all of the carbonara talk happening, I finally broke down and made some penne with wild boar bacon...

I almost made spaghetti carbonara last night, but decided to do it this weekend, instead. Nice twist with penne and wild boar.

CD

I almost made spaghetti carbonara last night, but decided to do it this weekend, instead. Nice twist with penne and wild boar.

CD
I like to take liberties with carbonara..Guanciale, panchetta, bacon, ham, sausage...it's all been done around here..enough to make the purists squirm...
..some times I even add cream......

Last edited:
Thank goodness for leftovers! (Rough night last night - rode my Charlie Horse most of the night...:wacko:) We almost finished up the stuffed peppers; the mashed potatoes and corn are gone, along with a partial bag of baby peas from the freezer. I'll make potential new leftovers tomorrow.

Leftovers are gone, here, so I decided to cook something I haven't cooked in a very long time... coq au vin. This one turned out better than any I've made in the past. I used a California Cabernet Sauvignon instead of a french burgundy. I also used Better than Bouillon to make my chicken stock for the first time. That stuff is pretty darned good, IMO. I also made my first Beurre Manie to use as a thickener. So simple, and it worked great.

CD

Attachments

• coq-au-vin001.jpg
    coq-au-vin001.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 158
I did "Pork Filet Mignon" of sorts with a 2" boneless chop cut in half and wrapped in bacon with baked spuds, and perfectly seasoned/roasted asparagus till just crisp tender. No water or steam will ever come near my beloved asparagus.

P2090067_1.jpg

Emptied the freezer of the last c.breasts and pork loin chops to make room for all the stuff I bought, sliced, wrapped and vac packed..

So, a mixed dinner of pork and chicken, (with leftovers for an icy Saturday) with steamed veggies, pilaf and a gorgeous salad, my SIL put together.. :yum:

Ross

Was too tired to cook last night, so we did have pizza ?, from our local pizza place. The owner has an authentic New York accent and an imported pizza oven. Good stuff.

Did not realize it was pizza day but after working 14 hours did not want to cook so I went to Mellow Mushroom and had pizza.

Back
Top Bottom