"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
I just finished pulling my pork with much loveits now in the crockpot with some bbq sauce. I made slaw yesturday and thats in the fridge gettin happy happy
Still need to ride to the produce stand and see what looks good, maybe corn on the cob
no dessert planned yet

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

q, you just reminded me that i have some new sauces to try. i received a gift of a sampler of hoboken eddie's sauces for father's day.

i think i'll try them on chicken tonight.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
Executive Chef

BT, those sauces are excellent. A tad pricey, but it's worth it. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT serve those to someone who accepts Kraft BBQ sauce as something that tastes good. LOL

Try the wing sauce too. I usually make half BBQ, half wing sauce wings on the barbie.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Our dear friends, Bernard and Annita, talked me into coming to their home for tonight's meal. It'll be kind of early for me since they live 30 miles away and I can't drive at night. I'll have to leave their place just before 8 to get home before it gets dark. I'll probably leave here late afternoonish. Wish we lived closer.

They're our bestest friends whom we used to spend time with and cook together, laugh and goof off. I'm bringing a loaf of N.Y. Times bread that I've added roasted garlic and chopped fresh rosemary to. Didn't want to arrive empty handed.

Other than the bread, I don't know what's on the menu. They're both fabulous cooks so I know whatever it is, it'll be good. Mention was made of cheesecake for dessert. I should probably have dessert first in that case.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Ugh...it's 249 degrees out, so all I can do is cook.

So far I made my eggplant prototype. I made some chili oil and now my nose keeps running. I just made some brats with onions and beer for lunch. I'm making fresh pasta for ravioli tomorrow.....I'm not sure what's for dinner yet.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

That bread sounds good, Katie.
I'd like to attempt NYT bread again, but I can never think a day ahead of when I may want some.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Our dear friends, Bernard and Annita, talked me into coming to their home for tonight's meal. It'll be kind of early for me since they live 30 miles away and I can't drive at night. I'll have to leave their place just before 8 to get home before it gets dark. I'll probably leave here late afternoonish. Wish we lived closer.

They're our bestest friends whom we used to spend time with and cook together, laugh and goof off. I'm bringing a loaf of N.Y. Times bread that I've added roasted garlic and chopped fresh rosemary to. Didn't want to arrive empty handed.

Other than the bread, I don't know what's on the menu. They're both fabulous cooks so I know whatever it is, it'll be good. Mention was made of cheesecake for dessert. I should probably have dessert first in that case.
oh Katie, that sounds excellent. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself.

Just me again and I am doing a variation on last nights supper..

peaches and cream, lightly sprinkeled with vanilla sugar, and hidden under that, a fresh homemade ww brownie

and did i mention that i am making some vanilla ice cream?....that was the original purpose for the brownies
Old 07-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
No cooking for me today - going to a bday party - catered - beef, fried chicken, chicken vesuvio and potatoes, baked pasta and pasta with vodka sauce - cake for dessert of course - I'll roll out of there!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
Senior Cook

I have no earthly idea!! Dd and grands are coming here to spend the night as we leave tomorrow to spend a week in a cabin in Southern Ohio. (It's going to be bittersweet this year as it's been a family tradition for over 30 years. My uncle who started this passed away one year ago, my grandmother who passed away one month ago and my mom who has dementia and is wheelchair bound won't be there. I'm thinking this will be our last year....) Maybe we'll just order pizza and have a salad of some sort, go for a quick swim and be done with it. lol

Barb
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #20
Executive Chef

BT, I want those sauces of yours. I'll take a thimble vial of each.
MM have a blast at your party, kiss that little one for me.
Katie, I wish I could go with you to that dinner. Your good friends and you will enjoy the day for sure, the bread was a winner of an idea. It can't be beat.
BZ, you're killing me! How good does that sound? YUMMO!
Still I have no idea what or where I'm near but will worry about that much later in the day.

All of you stay as cool as possible.