Whatcha Eatin' Tonight? Monday, Oct 6th, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I guess I'll start the dinner thread tonight.

We had homemade gyros and tzatziki, with a side of summer vegetables (although it doesn't feel much like summer right now). I posted the recipe sometime back, but have made one important modification, in that I cut the amount of salt back to 1-1/2 teaspoons. I need to see if I can bribe a mod into changing the recipe.

img_1391748_0_a7566126391e4e70f4fea157b86fc3e0.jpg

I defrosted a container of hot and sour soup and bought some egg rolls and that was dinner.

Looks awesome Steve, we had catfish fillets on the grill with sliced jalapeño and green beans. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412641707.696410.jpg oh today's Monday you rushing for the weekend I see. Lol

Whatcha Eatin' Tonight? Tues, Oct 6th, 2014

I guess I'll start the dinner thread tonight.

We had homemade gyros and tzatziki, with a side of summer vegetables (although it doesn't feel much like summer right now). I posted the recipe sometime back, but have made one important modification, in that I cut the amount of salt back to 1-1/2 teaspoons. I need to see if I can bribe a mod into changing the recipe.

img_1391754_0_a7566126391e4e70f4fea157b86fc3e0.jpg

Looks awesome, Steve! I take cash, credit, or Paypal.

Nice dinners as well, Rock and Cajun! We had more of the neverending chowdah.

Last edited:
Oooh, multiple pics tonight - they all look so good! Rock, I had almost the same exact dinner last week when my daughter was over for dinner - I love braised short ribs over mashed. Ya sure don't get much meat, but what there is sure is tasty. :yum:

I had breakfast for dinner this evening. Scrambled eggs and chives, 2 sausage patties, and a slice of toasted sourdough. Pretty yummy.

very nice looking dinners tonight.

yes, please, could you post a link to your gyro recipe, steve?

i don't know if i'd have the time nor patience to stack all of the slices of meats on a skewer and put them on a rotisserie, but i love a good gyro.

i should have taken a pic of our dinner tonight. dw made broiled salmon that we ate topped with raspberry wasabi mustard, and a side of basmati rice.

oh, and a tomato salad and some homemade guac and chips.

Steve's Gyro recipe is a real winner...I've used it many times, and I've cut the salt down too Steve.

We had Posole tonight topped with cheese, onion and cilantro. It was too darn hot to cook but I sacrificed myself. I want fall weather!!

ok, i see now. it is more of a kofta meatloaf than a gyro.

still looks and sounds good.

thanks, steve and dawg.

ok, i see now. it is more of a kofta meatloaf than a gyro.

still looks and sounds good.
Exactly. I came up with this quick recipe because, like you, I don't have the time or patience for stacking meat on a skewer, either. It tastes pretty authentic cooked in the oven, but if you want your gyro gyrated, I've also done it on the weber rotisserie thingy and it's even better that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom