Whatcha Eatin Tuesday August 22/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have been craving some pasta for awhile so it will be Gluten free spaghetti with a simple olive oil, grape tomato and garlic sauce, finished off with fresh basil from my little herb garden!

I will serve it with salad.

We are having sauerkraut and some beautiful spareribs I got at the Fareway butchers. Mashed potatoes with butter and mixed fruit for dessert.

Schnitzel and very crispy hash browns... Both topped with mushroom gravy.. Sauteed zucchini as the side...

Strawberries and cream for later..

Ross

Lookin' like tuna noodle soup here. Fresh cherries for dessert.

I am oven frying/baking the chicken I was going to make yesterday, except we got home from the kids' house so late that it was impractical to do. Nuked corn on the cob, slice tomatoes and cukes. Ice tea. Sounds almost like a picnic.

Dx, the best gramma, "helped" the 2 1/2 yo gr-dtr make brownies while we were there. A brownie for dessert today

We had leftover pesto and pasta with green chile sauce and mashed potatoes with green chile sauce.

Did I mention I have put up six 25 pound boxes of chiles?:)

We had a late lunch of burritos at 3, so I just made a simple dinner. I made eggs, hash browns, and toast for the family. I myself just had a scrambled egg on a piece of Marmite toast. Yummy.

Marmite/Vegemite is pretty bad by itself, and hardly no one likes it. I used to work with a guy from the UK, and he ate the scrambled egg on Marmite toast thing for breakfast, so I tried it and liked it. If used sparingly and paired with other stuff, Marmite is pretty good.

We went out fishing for porgies today, but it was a rough one. The wind was kicking up constant 4 or 5 foot waves, so the boat was really rockin'. You had to hold the rail with one hand, and the rod with the other or you might be swimming.

Afterwards, we stopped off a our favorite little hibachi place on the way home. We had onion soups, salads, then hibachi (technically teppanyaki) chicken, shrimp, scallops, noodles, veggies, and rice. Green tea mochi ice cream for dessert.

We ate lupper way too early for us night owls, but it was good enough. It was at what must be THE local hangout in Danville, KY. Just sandwiches with fresh potato chips, Himself had some Italian thing with hot peppers; I had a Cuban.

By the time we got to our hotel, we were getting a little hungry. Ended up at Wal-Mart, where we each got a ready-made salad (his: kinda-Cobb; hers: chicken Caesar) and individual hest-and-eats. Himself had a DeGiorno 3-meat pizza; I opted for a Stouffer's mac-and-cheese. Yup, haute cuisine tonight. [emoji38]

Dental work

Because I had work done on my teeth. Kayelle suggested we go to our local sushi place for their happy hour.
Well, it worked out quite well. when the dust settled, the is what we had:
Seaweed salad
Sashimi in a martini glass
Gyoza
Mexican Roll with spicy tuna and jalapenos
rock shrimp roll
Finished with green tea and lychee ice cream!
YUM

I roasted a couple large chicken breasts in the toaster oven and sliced one for dinner. I also made green salads and corn on the cob from the farmers market.
0822172028a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom