Whatcha gonna make - Jake? (Dinner Friday, Jan 20)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're delicious looking picture is so artistic Steve. I love how the red striped cloth brings out the color of the peppers. Very nice.

I'm defrosting some thick cut bone in pork chops, and I'll be cutting a slit in them for some apricot bread stuffing. We'll have green beans with bacon and onion, and also beet salad.

I'm going to make an alligator sausage to go along with the crab legs. Maybe a big salad to round things out.

First meal from my new cookbook: Sze Chuen Jar Gai, or Szechwan Chicken with 15 Peppers. Kinda spicy!

img_1098534_0_1fede4c0c58bc856d19a3664b2017776.jpg

Looks beautiful, Good enough to eat! :yum:

We're going to finish up the last of the braciole with some pasta. Long week....LONG day and I don't really feel like really cooking.

Inspired by forty caliber's post yesterday, I made nachos with chili, burger meat, shredded cheese, and onions. Topped off with Lord Chesterfield Ale. Tastes great!

nachos.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
We had spaghetti and meatballs. I had a bag of frozen meatballs that I dumped into the sauce and heated up while the noodles cooked. It was quick and easy.

My wonderful son cooked dinner tonight. We had cheese burgers (grilled outside) and waffle fries. I was just thrilled to have him cook since I didn't feel like doing anything tonight. :)

I was too busy "skinning the pig" to eat (a/k/a getting the pork butt (x7) I picked up on special ready to make sausage--4 done, 3 to go...time for a glass of wine?). Who knew skinning a pig was so hard or took so long (or, would inspire one to render the fat to be lard...who knew...).

I, sort of resentfully, made a beef hash. It was good, it is just that Friday is my normal night off from all chores. I normally love to cook, but Friday has always been my afternoon off. Unfortunately mother nature decided to step in.

I had a couple of rice cakes with Nutella and zapped so the the Nutella melted down into the rice cake. And of course a cup of coffee. :yum: I was going to have a tall glass of cold milk. But I bought the milk on the 2nd of Jan. Gone sour. That killed that idea. I have got to stop buying milk by the half gallon. For some strange reason, I am not drinking as much milk as I usually do. And my daily banana. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom