What'cha Gonna Serve, Merv? Sat. 1/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner - Boneless pork loin roast (salt water soak for 2 hours before cooking), nicely seasoned and roasted red, russet & yukon taters, sliced mushroom caps and onions, pan gravy and fresh microwave steamed cauliflower.

img_1098985_0_e6628fb6b32393ced8565e497f588672.jpg
That looks great, as always Ms M!

The sausage is GREAT! I was really impressed by it when I made the test patty (I also did links and a chub). It reminds me of the breakfast sausage links you get in restaurants, but not as greasy.
Did you post the final recipe?

We had Yankee Pot Roast. Enjoyed with a fresh baguette and a caesar salad. Jacob's Creek Shiraz in the sauce and in the glass.

405816_10150541166324004_598294003_8818010_538071313_n.jpg

Did you post the final recipe?
I posted a link but here it is again. All I changed was I used all pork and added 1-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes.

http://www.cuisinart.ca/pdf/ibs/en/CMG-100C_en.pdf

I'm about to grind the andouille now. I have the Italian Fennel ready but added a lot of crushed hot red pepper for my DH.

I doubt the meat grinder will become as popular as say a PIE MAKER and have it's own cult of followers, but I will be using it for grinding meat from now on (or at least as often as I can). I also did 4 lb of ground pork for the freezer.

I love these creative dinner titles! Makes me want to check in each day to see the next one. :)

And see, these are driving me crazy(like the WEEE Weeee weee, little pig commercials). I figured if I did one that rhymed with Chuck I could possibly get it to finally stop:ohmy:

I was inspired by today's pizza thread and decided to make deep dish Chicago style pizza (with whole wheat crust). It came out VERY deep. I call this one Pizza-zilla...

img_1099011_0_e97d39f2c996fb04e2d8dca0b5f57eca.jpg

img_1099011_1_a53d4968ce21a162ef446d2b40675f63.jpg

Looks great, Steve. On my bucket list of things to make when I get back from TX. I'll have to do something with all this sausage.

Looks great, Steve. On my bucket list of things to make when I get back from TX. I'll have to do something with all this sausage.
Thanks. I made the whole wheat crust on your behalf. It was a little denser than I would've liked, but I guess that goes with the whole grain territory.

Lots of excellent photos today... it all looks so good!

Thanks. I made the whole wheat crust on your behalf. It was a little denser than I would've liked, but I guess that goes with the whole grain territory.

Lots of excellent photos today... it all looks so good!
I like ww crust, but I think it was TaxLady who specifically asked about it...honest mistake, we kinda live in the same neighbourhood...

I went with the 4 cheese lasagna (ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan), salad, and garlic bread.

I like ww crust, but I think it was TaxLady who specifically asked about it...honest mistake, we kinda live in the same neighbourhood...

To some Americans you and I live in the same neighbourhood! :LOL: No offense to anyone here - you all embrace us Canadians. But I have been to places where I say I live near Vancouver and they say I must know their cousin in Toronto! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To some Americans you and I live in the same neighbourhood! :LOL: No offense to anyone here - you all embrace us Canadians. But I have been to places where I say I live near Vancouver and they say I must know their cousin in Toronto! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But they are only this far apart on the map...:cool:

CWS4322 said:
Scrambled eggs, hash browns, and 2 country-style breakfast sausages. The eggs, well you know by know where those came from ;), the potatoes from the garden, and the sausages the result of my first attempt, and first batch, of homemade sausage.

That looks really good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom