Whatcha Got Cookin for Monday, October 24, 2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Yes, I know it is only Monday, but we are having tacos! More precisely, TB is having tacos and I am having taco salad.

When TB was on a shift where he worked days on Monday, he would go on the "gluten-free bread run" Tuesday mornings and pick up tacos on the way home. That was because he could go to bed at a decent time the night before. But now he is back on straight nights it is better to go Mondays.

And I am making the tacos today! :)

I'd love to see and hear what you are all having!

I have a condo board meeting tonight so we're having a quick dinner after. TJ's orange chicken with sautéed bok choy.

Since I made the main dishes for 3 meals yesterday, we will be having the Sunday gravy. Just have to do the pasta and salad.

Tonight will probably be bread Pork cutlets, Krorr's herb and butter pasta side and peas.

I may make some meatballs and sauce for tomorrow dinner and some for freezer.

I rubbed up a pork tenderloin with oil, garlic, and an Italian herb blend. I'll roast that up along with some crash potatoes, saute escarole with bacon (because I forgot to get pancetta when I last shopped), and steamed broccoli. Maybe we'll have dessert, since I have two rings of pineapple that need using up. If we have them, I'll cut up and saute with butter and brown sugar and pour them over ice cream.

Cleared out the frig before leaving on a road trip tomorrow; smoked turkey, cubed potatoes, onions, garlic, green fresh chiles, smothered with the 1998 first place chile (sauce) recipe at the Hatch Chile festival.

We had leftovers tonight - I had Greek meatballs over egg noodles and DH had loaded-up spaghetti. We both had garden salads (separately) and garlic bread. Here's mine.

Attachments

• 1477360447087.jpg
    1477360447087.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 103
Great sounding (and looking!) dinners, all. :yum:

I so enjoyed last night's dinner of cod and asparagus, that I took another fillet out of the freezer and had the same thing this evening. :cool:

Gently poached the cod fillet in water, butter, sliced lemon, cracked peppercorns and a bay leaf. It was so tender and flaky. By the time that was done - not very long - the roasted asparagus was ready to pull from the toaster oven. Buttered the asparagus, and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner.

No pics...my phone was charging and I was hungry. :chef:

We're doing rib eyes on the grill and glorified salads.
They were an inch and a half thick, and cooked perfectly. I think they were as good as the filets we had at the Martyrs restaurant in Taos, except they were done right the first time.

When wife asked what's for dinner and I described it to her, the response was "oooo-kaaay". Not like anything she could relate to. After a few bites I asked if I should make it again the response was "definitely". Fortunately she's a pretty good sport about my adventurous cooking.

Smart woman you married 10speed. That reminds me of one of my favorite kitchen magnets given to me by my late husband.."Never question your wife's judgements..look who she married". I'm sure she appreciates your adventurous cooking. If not, she should.
Looks like a great recipe I could adapt without a pressure cooker.:yum:

Tenspeed, that DOES sound delicious - I don't have a pressure cooker either, but I have a Nesco. :) I'm going to try that. Thank you for the link.

oven baked wings. some hot - some with a homemade hot Asian sauce. Celery/carrot and blue cheese dip, sliced cantaloupe (almost too late in the year for them).

Oven still not working. Did a small chicken in the slow roaster. Had a choice between the Toaster Oven and cooker, cooker won out because I could throw the vegies in at the same time. Only problem is skin didn't brown of course, but was absolutely delish.

:yum: Pulled off and ate a leg for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom