Whatcha got cookin', good lookin' Sunday April 13, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm test driving a recipe for a company that is looking for a recipe tester and editor. I love palek paneer so that with brown basmati rice is what I'm making. I have to stick to the recipe, so no potatoes, chickpeas, or tomatoes added...sigh. What is everyone else making?

I have left over ham and noodles from last night so I think I'm going to try to introduce the quiche to my husband. He may be more agreeable to the idea of the quiche if he has another option. The man loves omelets so I don't know why he wouldn't like it. I think if they had named it something other then "quiche" he wouldn't consider it frou frou food. I'll tell him its called "manly omelet pie."

A nice salad on the side.

I'm leaning towards eggs goldenrod with asparagus mixed in with it.

If you have any of that bacon wrapped asparagus leftover, I 'd hit it.

I'm having Italian baked rigatoni with sliced sausage and a green salad for dinner.

Last edited:
We just got back from a long trip to visit the in-laws where I did all the cooking. I'm really not in the mood to cook. I think I'll just throw together some spaghetti and salads.

If you have any of that bacon wrapped asparagus leftover, I 'd hit it.

I'm having Italian baked rigatoni with sliced sausage and a green salad for dinner.

Funny you should say that...
I've just decided to use up some leftover mashed potatoes from the other night by making a mushroom gravy for them. And alongside will be the prime rib bone I grilled last night, along with the leftover bacon wrapped asparagus spears. I think I had four left over :pig:

Good call, Whiska. I wouldn't want to forget about those leftover spears would I :rolleyes:

ETA: I think I'm still going to make the white sauce and asparagus. It will make a quick meal tomorrow. I'll toss the eggs in to warm when I reheat it.

Last edited:
Pork sirloin, cabbage salad, and a mixture of steamed carrots, celery and onions.

Brewed the first jug of iced tea for the season.

The temp hit 81 today, snow on Tuesday! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Headed to my mother's to bbq up some burgers. Got some chip truck fries and they weren't very good. Waste of money and dissapointing. The burgers were good, though. Like I always say"If you want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself".

The quiche, I mean the omelet pie, turned out lovely. I added in some spanish chorizo and some artichoke. Sharp, white cheddar was my cheese of choice. :chef:

:ohmy: mmyap, that is absolutely gorgeous!! My mouth is watering just looking at it! :yum:

Last edited:
Bulgogi Burger

img_1357249_0_cea3a7fab3adadfbab50c5fcc9fe7b93.jpg

I had a fish taco and refried black beans this evening. The fish was frozen and breaded halibut from Costco, but still very yummy. :)

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 183
mmyap, did your DH fall for your "omelet pie"? Sure looks good enough to eat.

We stopped for ice cream after 5PM church (our local stand was open :w00t: ) and that put the kabosh on me having any interest in fixing a supper. Himself finished off the hot dogs and potato salad from last night. I got a little hungry eventually, so I used up the last bit of goose liver, having it on a slice of rye bread with lots of tomato and lettuce.

mmyap, that looks great! If you made it without a crust, you could call it a frittatta. That's what I do because real men don't eat quiche!;)

Back
Top Bottom