Whatcha got cookin' July 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice spread, Harry. I love seafood, breaded or otherwise. Nice selection.

Attachments

• DSC00648.jpg
    DSC00648.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 193
I felt like cooking something extra nice tonight so went to the local grocer and bought a nicely marbled porterhouse steak. While I was looking through the steaks a package of sea scallops caught my eye, unheard of in Small Town, America, so I gave them the sniff test and bought those, too. The starches will be garlic bread and potato and the green will be broccoli. The beverage a red and white can. No, not Coke ;^)

That steak sounds lovely Pacanis :yum:

The more marbled, the better taste :)

Guess your new F Processor makes good dough Rock. :yum:

Tonight was grilled burgers with sliced onion and tomato. Big salad with blue cheese dressing. Ice tea with mint.

Rocklobster, that pizza is a thing of beauty. :yum:

pacanis, enjoy your steak and sea scallops! I love scallops, they are among my most favorite of seafood.

The grilled burgers sound mighty good, too.

I've been in the kitchen most of the day preparing for my grandson's bday party tomorrow, so I will probably just have breakfast for dinner tonight. I'm tired of spending time in the kitchen and a couple of eggs sound pretty good. :)

I don't know what it is called.

Vegetables saute crisp: zucchini green and yellow, pea pods, broccoli, carrots sliced, red green and yellow peppers, and chopped tomatoes.

Sauce, cooked chopped onions and garlic in oil, then some white wine, heavy cream, S&P.

Add, cooked shrimp and linguini, top with parmesan cheese.
It was YUM.

I dug the first potatoes from the garden, have celery, onion, carrots, beans, kohlrabi, zucchini, and broccoli. Oh, and bok choy up the ying-yang.

I'm making my version of this:

Kikuchan's Potato-Crab Salad Recipe - Allrecipes.com

It will be a meal-by-itself and will be served on a bed of red lettuce (also from the garden).
So my version of this is:

1. Boil potatoes in their skins. Dunk in ice water.
2. Remove from ice water, chop, and toss with 2 T vinegar and 2 tsp of freshly chopped parsley.

While the potatoes are boiling, hardboil 3 eggs--2 for the salad, 1 for garnish.

Run out to the garden and gather 1 medium onion, enough celery to make 1/4 cup, 2-3 carrots large enough for grating--mine were about 6-7 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.

3. Grate 1 jalapeno pepper.
4. Combine 3/4 c homemade mayo with 1/4 c buttermilk, 1 hefty tsp of Mrs. McGarrity's lemon-dill mustard (the kind with seeds in it), freshly ground pepper, 1/2 tsp sugar. 1 T freshly chopped dill, 1 T freshly chopped parsley, 1/4 tsp sour salt. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
5. Add 2 T fresh lemon juice to the crabmeat, set aside.
6. Run back out to the garden and get 1 c bush beans, clean, and steam until tender. Drain and cool.
7. Combine the jalapeno pepper, grated carrot, onion, chopped onion top (about 1/4 of it). green beans, celery, grated carrot in a bowl. Add potatoes. Add 1/2 of the dressing. Taste.
8. Drain lemon juice from the crabmeat.
9. Fold the crabmeat into the potato mixture. Taste. Add more lemon zest.
10. Add 2 of the hb eggs, sliced, to the mix. Fold those in gently. Taste, add more of the dressing if desired.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1-4 hours. Serve on a bed of garden lettuce garnished with the remaining hb egg, green onion tops.

It was a gorgeous salad--but now I have to find the manual for my camera. Something is not working....thought I fixed that. Maybe the batteries are low...

Last edited:
I don't know what it is called.

Vegetables saute crisp: zucchini green and yellow, pea pods, broccoli, carrots sliced, red green and yellow peppers, and chopped tomatoes.

Sauce, cooked chopped onions and garlic in oil, then some white wine, heavy cream, S&P.

Add, cooked shrimp and linguini, top with parmesan cheese.
It was YUM.
I think it is called "got all this stuff in the garden, gotta eat it" melody.

Both, actually. :) The food looks amazing, and your story made me stop and think - there are so many beautiful places in the world, and I'm fortunate to live fairly near the beaches and where it's sunny 300 days a year. Sometimes I take that for granted...:ermm:

Great looking dinner!
thanks C & you're right.i've been chatting with addie about wales.bolas & i were born & raised in north wales.i was looking through google images of wales & thought "no wonder the welsh call it gods own country" stunning,but you're right,took it for granted for years.be better with a drop of your weather tho'!!
having said that summer seems to have finally arrived here,apparently set for some nice sunny warm weather:)!!

Seafood here as well. Last night, we went out for our anniversary to a favorite Italian restaurant.

The food, as always, was excellent and filling.

Below, Insalata di Mare and Spaghetti allo Scoglio, with fresh squid, baby octopus, mussels, and clams. I also had a steak. Didn't photograph it, though, since we've all seen a steak. ;)

img_1164521_0_abddea76dc73ee11af23b72a7f7b26cd.jpg

img_1164521_1_281ae8adecef3ffda7ceb8041bad9c94.jpg

thanks C & you're right.i've been chatting with addie about wales.bolas & i were born & raised in north wales.i was looking through google images of wales & thought "no wonder the welsh call it gods own country" stunning,but you're right,took it for granted for years.be better with a drop of your weather tho'!!
having said that summer seems to have finally arrived here,apparently set for some nice sunny warm weather:)!!

^ *like* :)

Glad to hear warm weather is ahead for you, harry!

Seafood here as well. Last night, we went out for our anniversary to a favorite Italian restaurant.

The food, as always, was excellent and filling.

Below, Insalata di Mare and Spaghetti allo Scoglio, with fresh squid, baby octopus, mussels, and clams. I also had a steak. Didn't photograph it, though, since we've all seen a steak. ;)

img_1164524_0_abddea76dc73ee11af23b72a7f7b26cd.jpg

img_1164524_1_281ae8adecef3ffda7ceb8041bad9c94.jpg

Steve - that looks absolutely delicious. And happy anniversary! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom